Doctor Who... Page 1,018

Oh, I forgot he was in that episode! That was amazing.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ August 7 2013, 10:22 AM BST

The 19 year olds would have been 13 and probably a bit too young to watch Skins when he was in it. You old fart.

I am basically the only 19 year old I know who didn't watch skins. You old fart.

The Thick of it, however, is my favourite show of all time

This young girl is delighted at Capaldi becoming the new Doc:

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2013/08/07/twelfth-doctor-reaction-of-the-day/

Ha. What a silly sod.

I was practically chewing on a cushion at that point, they'd dragged out the tension so long.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ August 7 2013, 10:22 AM BST

The 19 year olds would have been 13 and probably a bit too young to watch Skins when he was in it. You old fart.

Just excuse me while I shuffle off to the local nursing home to see if they have any beds.

I don't know much about teenagers but is Skins a must see show amongst them? I've always thought it's main appeal was for adults who want to perve on sexually attractive/active teens.

I loved season one skins it was just a great dramedy, the newer series got kinda dull.
And focussed on some super dull characters.

Quote: chipolata @ August 7 2013, 12:38 PM BST

I don't know much about teenagers but is Skins a must see show amongst them? I've always thought it's main appeal was for adults who want to perve on sexually attractive/active teens.

You can't have watched it. The women in it were decidedly average looking.

The first two series were pretty good as drama, particularly the episode with Capaldi in it, and I doubt I wanked more than two or three times per episode.

Oh, and -- Who link! -- I believe Russell T Davies held up the Capaldi episode as some kind of exemplar for excellent British drama at the time.

First two series were great. I haven't seen it since.

I hope they completely redo the inside of the Tardis for Capaldi's series. Am bored of the dark depressing interior they have now.

Quote: zooo @ August 7 2013, 4:29 PM BST

I hope they completely redo the inside of the Tardis for Capaldi's series. Am bored of the dark depressing interior they have now.

I doubt it, it costs money and they've only had it for about eight episodes. Also, it's BRILLIANT! Best one of the modern run!

No BBC at the guest house I was in (they expect you to be out admiring the views in Co Kerry not sitting in waiting for the new Doctor to be revealed, we weren't of course..ahem) so only found out today...thrilled it's him, a mature and edgy personality so can't wait to see what he does with the part.

Well it is better than the one before it. But not different enoughhhh.
I want a nice white inside. *hmmph*

Quote: zooo @ August 7 2013, 4:48 PM BST

I want a nice white inside. *hmmph*

RACIST

Quote: Shandonbelle @ August 7 2013, 4:48 PM BST

No BBC at the guest house I was in (they expect you to be out admiring the views in Co Kerry not sitting in waiting for the new Doctor to be revealed, we weren't of course..ahem) so only found out today...thrilled it's him, a mature and edgy personality so can't wait to see what he does with the part.

Did you have a nice holiday, Shandonbelle?

Was lovely thanks Jennie, apart from the first day, the sun shone, unusual for Cork/Kerry. Had ideas of doing the full Ring of Kerry but was more relaxing jumping the waves on the beach in the end and not being over confident with a hire car and bendy Irish roads I think that was the right decision!