Help in remembering

Greetings from across the pond! I am in need of help from someone in finding out just what programme I saw bits of back in the 80s. It was on PBS, so could have been broadcast in England as far back as the 60s.

Here is what I remember: There was a condemned building, maybe 2 or more stories high, that was being torn down, but had stopped for some reason, and people were living in it. There was one wall of the building missing, as I recall. I also seem to recall the demolition process was about to resume and the people living in the building were doing what they could to stop it.

I hope there is enough info here for someone to tell me what programme it was so I can get it and ease that part of my gray matter that hangs onto scraps of memory, and bugs the heck out of the rest of the brain! I thank all who can help.

Was it actually a comedy?

The Young Ones?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6VriK3os9Q

Are you sure it wasn't that film with the little aliens?

Batteries Not Included.

Oh boy that was fast! Let me answer in order posted. Yes I think it was a comedy, not The Young Ones (I have them already), Not a film as I was catching the episodes as they aired, and not Batteries Not Included as I have that film. Also not Rising Damp.

Any familiar faces?

Hi Shaggy, nothing I can remember, but it was a long time ago and I think I only saw 3 episodes of it. Seeing as how PBS was the only one broadcasting BBC stuff at the time, and my work schedule (second shift) it was a real hit and miss deal.

Hmm, a guess that fits the 80s comedy serial info and to a point the other stuff - the large building is set to be demolished but without putting the DVD on, I'm not sure if a wall was actually knocked down, I think it was saved at the last mo but they could've started on the lodge, if it rings a bell I'll have a look for you. Blott On The Landscape?

Hi Alfred, just want to say I watched it in the 80's, it could have been broadcast in GB from the 60's up. Having only seen 3 or so episodes of the program I have very little to go on as to the full plot. I looked up The landscape, and it seems to be a recent program. Nothing rigs a bell in my head as to the why or how the building was being torn down.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ August 4 2013, 6:47 PM BST

Blott On The Landscape?

Sorry, it got split into two lines. 1985 broadcast, BBC, 6 eps. Briefly, a politician wants to sell his country house to make money from a new motorway but his wife won't let him. Still not sure about the wall but some other buildings get demolished and the SAS are sent in. ?

Oh man now you have done it!!! I went to YouTube and watched a short video of that, was not the one I am looking for...but darn you, now I want to watch that one!! I watched Blott's Pub Band and it sold me on it right then! I am thinking the one I am after was set in the city, as I sort of remember other buildings next to the one being torn down.

Do you recall if the series was colour or black and white?

Television or radio?

The Motorway Men, 1972

http://www.britishclassiccomedy.co.uk/2011/03/more-forgotten-radio-comedy-with-the-motorway-men/

Hi Aaron, can not remember, but then again I can't remember if the TV set was B&W or colour...go figure. Hi horseradish, it was TV