The Last Leg - Series 3

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/the_last_leg/interview/alex_brooker/

Anyone watching this on Wednesday. What are your views on it?

How is this a sitcom, David?
Have moved thread. :)

I'm looking forward to the new series. Somehow it works for me, always pretty entertaining.

It's got that "thrown together by a bunch of mates having a laugh" vibe to it. I'm hoping they can keep that going.

Did anyone watch this? I really enjoyed the last series and wondering if the new one is worth a watch when it eventually airs here?

The only single episode I have watched is last night's, with Boris Johnson. If you like the hosts I'm sure it's worth watching.

It's a weird show. It's not really "about" anything. There's no real attempt to lever the material into a discernible format. It's just three charismatic comics and a bunch of running jokes.

It should come across weak and desperate, but it somehow works. For me at least.

It also has that unusual quality of being quite right-on. It's quite jarring when Hills goes into serious mode to condemn something -- you're not supposed to laugh at those bits -- as usually the very same topic would be the played for laughs in other panel/satire shows.

If they ever make a British version of the Daily Show, I reckon Hills would be the perfect host.

I enjoy it, but wouldn't care if I'd missed it. But really, that badger song? It's ancient news and they've just discovered it? Hardly cutting edge.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 5 2013, 12:34 PM BST

I enjoy it, but wouldn't care if I'd missed it. But really, that badger song? It's ancient news and they've just discovered it? Hardly cutting edge.

It's been specifically "remixed" for the anti-cull campaign, hence why it's making the news again now.

I'm a huge fan of this show. It dances around the line of offensiveness constantly and almost never missteps. Boris wasn't a brilliant guest, but that's always likely to be the case when you usually get a comedian on. And Adam Hills provides an excellent host, with the other two far better at chiming in with snide jokes and both happy to be the butt of the joke.

Great format, good characters and not afraid to swing wildly from ridiculous to serious and hit the mark at both ends of the scale (see "don't be a dick")