- Jeremy Lloyd and Trevor Peacock
- Adam Faith, Sid James, Carole Lesley, Terence Longdon, Clive Dunn, Freddie Frinton, Marie France, Charles Hawtrey and others
- Terry Nation
- Gilbert Gunn
- Teddy Joseph
Young author Tony Blake has written his first book, a work on the Loch Ness Monster. Publishers, however, are not keen. It's been so long since there's been a sighting of the monster that they doubt there's enough market for it.
Unfortunately for Tony, he was rather relying on publication to solve his money worries and pay his rent. Facing eviction from his Chelsea flat, and with friend and room-mate Vernon, and the neighbour, Vernon's fiancée Charlie, in similar circumstances, the group need a solution - and fast!
Together with the assistance of fellow tenants and artists Jojo and Arnold, the three decide their best option is to bolster interest in the Monster themselves, by making a model creature and taking a photograph of their own. Now they just need to get to Scotland and put the plan into practice.
- UK certificate
- 90 minutes
- Release date
- Tuesday 17th October 1961
- Production company
- Also known as
- What A Whopper! (Other official name)
- Black and white
- Laugh track
- Upcoming repeats
- Monday 17th February at 4:10am on TPTV
- 22nd Feb at 6am on TPTV