Theatre Of Blood
Vincent Price has reserved a seat for you in the theatre of blood.
It's never been tougher to be a critic than in Theatre Of Blood, one of the greatest horror comedies of all time. Vincent Price gives a career-best performance as Edward Lionhart, a veteran Shakespearean actor who, when passed over for the coveted Critic's Circle award for Best Actor takes deadly revenge on the critics who snubbed him.
With one of the greatest casts ever assembled for a horror film - including Diana Rigg, Harry Andrews, Jack Hawkins and Arthur Lowe - Theatre Of Blood is an dementedly funny and deliciously macabre cult classic, transferred from original film elements by MGM.
First released: Monday 19th May 2014
- Audio commentary with The League of Gentlemen: Jeremy Dyson, Mark Gatiss, Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith
- A Priceless Potboiler: Victoria Price discusses Theatre Of Blood
- A Fearful Thespian: An interview with David Del Valle
- Staged Reaction: An interview with star Madeleine Smith
- A Harmony For Horror: An interview with composer Michael J. Lewis
- Original trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sam Smith
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by film critic Cleaver Patterson and a reproduction of original press book material, illustrated with original archive stills
If ordering from a UK store, please note that you are in Region 1 (DVD)/Region A (Blu-ray), whilst the UK is in Region 2/B, respectively. This means that many - but by no means all - may fail to play. Look for products marked "Region free", "All regions", "Region 0" or "Multi-region". Blu-rays may also be marked "Region A/B/C", "Region free", or variations thereof. You may also check whether your DVD/Blu-ray player supports multi-region playback (also referred to as "region free"), or whether it can be set to do so. There should, of course, be no problems with books, CDs, or other physical items.
More advice & help on importing