- Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Rosamund Pike, Paddy Considine, Martin Freeman, Eddie Marsan, David Bradley, Mark Heap and Reece Shearsmith
- Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg
- Edgar Wright
- Nira Park, Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner
20 years after attempting an epic pub crawl, five childhood friends reunite when one of them becomes hell bent on trying the drinking marathon again.
They are convinced to stage an encore by mate Gary King, a 40-year old man trapped at the cigarette end of his teens, who drags his reluctant pals to their home town and once again attempts to reach the fabled pub, The World's End.
As they attempt to reconcile the past and present, they realise the real struggle is for the future, not just theirs but humankind's. Reaching The World's End is the least of their worries.
The World's End is the third and final film in what has been dubbed the 'Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy' of productions by Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright (the flavour this time being mint chocolate chip). Having previously mocked zombies and cop films, this time the target is science-ficition, in particular works like The Midwich Cuckoos and Village of the Damned.
- Good food. Fine ales. Total annihilation.
- Part of
- UK certificate
- 109 minutes
- Release date
- Friday 19th July 2013
- Production companies
- Laugh track
- Last repeat
- Friday 15th November 2019 at 9:00pm on ITV2