Take A Girl Like You
Jonathan Miller's film of Kingsley Amis's comic novel (adapted for the screen by George Melly) casts Hayley Mills as a naïve young girl who moves from the North of England to teach in a London school and finds herself fending off the advances of a number of lusty suitors, including Oliver Reed, John Bird and Noel Harrison.
As much a document of its time as a satire on the sexual mores (and confusions) of the period, Miller's still remarkably fresh debut feature is buoyed by its terrific cast and a typically excellent Stanley Myers score.
This high definition remaster is presented with original mono audio sound track.
First released: Monday 25th February 2019
- Interview with Hayley Mills (2019): The award-winning actor recalls her work on the film in this new and exclusive interview
- Now And Then: Jonathan Miller (1967): An archival interview with the author, academic and filmmaker in conversation with Bernard Braden
- Isolated music & effects track
- Theatrical trailers
- Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
- Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Melanie Williams, an overview of contemporary critical responses, archival articles, and film credits
If ordering from a UK store, please note that you are in Region 1 (DVD)/Region A (Blu-ray), whilst the UK is in Region 2/B, respectively. This means that many - but by no means all - may fail to play. Look for products marked "Region free", "All regions", "Region 0" or "Multi-region". Blu-rays may also be marked "Region A/B/C", or variations thereof. You may also check whether your DVD/Blu-ray player supports multi-region playback (also referred to as "region free"), or whether it can be set to do so. There should, of course, be no problems with books, CDs, or other physical items.
More advice & help on importing