Not Now Darling
Cooney farce set in an upmarket furriers, where the proprietor is attempting to woo a new mistress behind her husband's back
- Leslie Phillips, Julie Ege, Bill Fraser, Moira Lister, Derren Nesbitt, Joan Sims, Barbara Windsor, Jack Hulbert and others
- Ray Cooney and John Chapman
- David Croft and Ray Cooney
- Peter J. Thompson and Martin C. Schute
Gilbert Bodley, the boss of an exclusive West End furriers, has an insatiable appetite for beautiful women. In order to give his latest prospective mistress Janie a gift of an expensive mink without upsetting her husband, Gilbert plots to sell it to him at a massive discount and pay the rest of the £5,000 price tag himself.
However, plans never run as simply as they are supposed to and what appears at first to be a relatively simple transaction quickly turns into a choatic sequence of events, mixing girlfriends, mistresses, husbands, wives, secretaries and the sex life of a rather aged customer!
- UK certificate
- 94 minutes
- Release date
- March 1973
- Production company
- Also known as
- Not Now, Darling (Other official name)
- Music composed and conducted by Cyril Ornadel. Lyrics for title song Not Now Darling written by Norman Newell and performed by Vicki Brown.
- Laugh track
- Last repeat
- Tuesday 26th December 2017 at 2:05am on London Live