- Bud Flanagan, Jimmy Nervo, Teddy Knox, Charlie Naughton, Jimmy Gold, Monsewer Eddie Gray, Shirley Eaton, Michael Holliday and more
- Val Guest
- Val Guest
- E.M. Smedley-Aston and John Pellatt
Joe Winter's Circus and Funfair is in the doldrums. Already struggling to attract audiences, it looks certain that four generations of Winter circus history will come to a close when almost the entire performing cast walk out in the face of unpaid salaries and increasing hostility from rival outfit Rickenback's.
Left with only his daughter, Shirley; side-stall host Eddie; and a smattering of behind-the-scenes crew, Joe looks set to call time on the business, but his remaining employees insist they can put a show on - and, somewhat reluctantly, he relents.
As they bumble about to put on a full performance and draw in the public, Rickenback turns up with a local official, determined to prove that Winter's is no longer capable of putting on a show and should have its licence withdrawn. Events take a further turn for the worse when their generator is repossessed!
However, lead driver Bud soon comes up trumps when he chances upon an old friend and buys a cartload of antique and scrap goods to use as side-stall prizes, only to discover that one item is a lamp complete with genie. Promising his servitude to his new master, this looks set to be the almost literal magic wand that Winter's needs.
- UK certificate
- 84 minutes
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- Black and white
- Music composed and conducted by Philip Green. For You, For You and Life Is A Circus composed and with lyrics by Philip Green and Val Guest.
- Shepperton Studios
- Windsor High Street and Eton High Street - Street locations
- Home Park - Windsor pitch site
- Peascod Street - Chase sequence (Clarence Road junction)
- Windsor Great Park