- Joanna Lumley, Richard Wattis, Penny Brahms, Jeremy Lloyd, Diane Hart, Nan Munro, John Gatrell, Charles Cullum and more
- Malcolm Leigh
- Malcolm Leigh
- Judith Smith and Olive Negus-Fancey
It's the roaring twenties and, having spotted a rival scouting for girls on her patch, Belgravia brothel madame Mrs. Hill challenges the esteemed Lady Evelyn Chatterley to a wager.
Having argued over who runs the classier, more successful establishment, the pair bet £1,000 that their respective star girl can seduce an "impossible" subject: Lady Evelyn's star - her niece, Constance - must be photographed with a Catholic bishop; whilst the best of Mrs. Hill's girls - her daughter, Fanny - is tasked with being pictured alongside a raging homosexual transvestite.
However, when both girls manage to bed their prey at the same time, further evidence to settle the wager is called for. The two scheming madames select a name at random from the telephone directory, and whoever beds him - or her - first will win outright.
The lucky stranger? Mild-mannered, middle-aged, upmarket wine merchant, Mr. Lothran. The girls may have to raise their game...
- UK certificate
- 94 minutes
- UK release
- December 1970
- UK premiere
- Monday 25th January 1971
- Also known as
- Lady Chatterley Versus Fanny Hill (US title)
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- Incidental music composed and conducted by David Lindup.
- Most recent repeats
- Friday 12th March 2021 at 2:00am on TPTV
- Sunday 20th September 2020 at 1:05am on TPTV
- Sunday 3rd May 2020 at 3:00am on TPTV
- Pinewood Studios
- Hall Barn (Beaconsfield)