Extravagant 007 spoof in which Sir James Bond is brought out of retirement to save the world from criminal organisation SMERSH
- Ian Fleming
- Peter Sellers, Ursula Andress, David Niven, Orson Welles, Joanna Pettet, Daliah Lavi, Woody Allen, Deborah Kerr and others
- Wolf Mankowitz, John Law and Michael Sayers
- John Huston, Kenneth Hughes, Val Guest, Robert Parrish and Joe McGrath
- Charles K. Feldman and Jerry Bresler
Extravagant 007 spoof in which Sir James Bond is brought out of retirement to save the world from the machinations of the criminal organisation SMERSH.
Reluctant to return to the dangers of his old lifestyle, Bond finds himself pressganged back to London by the combined will of MI5, the CIA, KGB, and French secret service, all of whom have their top agents disappearing or dropping like flies. SMERSH must have infiltrated one or all of the top organisations - but who is behind it and for what aim?
Bond creates a host of namesakes from some of the top agents and civillians he knows of - including his own daughter - and sets them on the case. But with rigged casinos, exploding pills, incredibly seductive women, and the upper hand of surprise, SMERSH look set to be a hard nut to crack. It looks like James may just have to go out into the field himself, one last time...
- UK certificate
- 142 minutes
- Release date
- 13th April 1967, Leicester Square Odeon
- Production company
- Music composed and conducted by Burt Bacharach, with lyrics by Hal David. Title theme performed by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass.
- Laugh track
- Last repeat
- Wednesday 25th December 2019 at 12:45am on ITV