All The Way Up
Comedy following one family's scheming attempts to climb the social ladder
- Warren Mitchell, Elaine Taylor, Vanessa Howard, Adrienne Posta, Richard Briers, Bill Fraser, Pat Heywood, Kenneth Cranham and others
- David Turner and Philip Mackie
- James MacTaggart
- Philip Mackie
Adapted from David Turner's play, Semi-Detached, All The Way Up focuses on the lower-class Midway family and its scheming to climb the social ladder.
After months of anonymous letter-writing to his bosses, Fred Midway has succeeded in his attempts to have his immediate superior at wholesome firm Starlight Assurance sacked, and to move up the corporate tree himself accordingly.
Naturally, he's not about to let his hard-fought ladder-climbing go to ruin, despite the actions of his three children: Avril, who is equally keen for her husband, Nigel, to climb the ladder at his firm; Tom, whose girlfriend is in the club; and Eileen, who is having an affair with a married man!
Fred is not about to let such dalliances show him up in front of his bosses - or the neighbours - however. This scheming social climber has plenty of plans left up his sleeve!
- He stooped so low to get so high
- UK certificate
- 97 minutes
- Release date
- Production company
- Music composed by Howard Blake. Theme tune All The Way Up performed by The Scaffold.
- Laugh track
- Upcoming repeats
- Today at 11:45pm on TPTV
- Sunday at 10pm on TPTV
- Wednesday 6th November at 2am on TPTV