- Domhnall Gleeson, Rachel McAdams, Bill Nighy, Tom Hollander, Lindsay Duncan, Margot Robbie, Lydia Wilson, Richard Cordery and more
- Richard Curtis
- Richard Curtis
- Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Nicky Kentish Barnes, Richard Curtis, Liza Chasin, Amelia Granger and Emma Freud
At the age of 21, Tim Lake discovers he can travel in time...
The night after another unsatisfactory New Year party, Tim's father tells his son that the men in his family have always had the ability to travel through time. Tim can't change history, but he can change what happens and has happened in his own life - so he decides to make his world a better place...by getting a girlfriend. Sadly, that turns out not to be as easy as you might think.
Moving from the Cornwall coast to London to work as a lawyer, Tim finally meets the beautiful but insecure Mary. They fall in love, then an unfortunate time-travel incident means he's never met her at all. So they meet for the first time again - and again - but finally, after a lot of cunning time-traveling, he wins her heart. Tim then uses his power to create the perfect romantic proposal, to save his wedding from the worst best-man speeches, to save his sister, and to save his child.
But as his unusual life progresses, Tim finds out that his unique gift can't save him from the sorrows and ups and downs that affect all families, everywhere. There are great limits to what time travel can achieve, and it can be dangerous, too.
About Time is a comedy about love and time travel, which discovers that, in the end, making the most of life may not need time travel at all.
- UK certificate
- 123 minutes
- UK cinematic release
- Wednesday 4th September 2013
- Most recent repeats
- Saturday 10th July 2021 at 4:25pm on 5Star
- Saturday 3rd July 2021 at 7:35pm on 5Star
- Sunday 28th February 2021 at 10:55pm on C5