Terms and conditions for 2019 Awards entry
By entering the competition, you are accepting these terms and conditions:
- Only one poster entry is permitted per show.
- Entrants must be, or represent, the lawful copyright holder for the poster artwork being submitted.
- Entry confers upon Comedy Poster Awards the right to use the poster and its submitted details in perpetuity on its website without fee.
- Entries must be submitted using the entry system on this website.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted.
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse entries which are incomplete, duplicate or otherwise inappropriate.
- All entries must be made directly by the comedian, agent, promoter, designer, photographer or other authorised representative, with all parties involved having given permission for the poster to be involved.
- Before submission, those involved in the entry (i.e. act, designer, photographer, promoter) should agree how any prize would be split. The Comedy Poster Awards will hand the prize to the person who submitted, and it is up to them to divide up the prize, as previously agreed with the other parties.
- The show must be a comedy show performing at the 2019 Edinburgh Festival Fringe (as defined by having a listing on British Comedy Guide).
- The deadline to enter a poster is 23:59 on 12th August 2019. Voting for the Audience Award finishes at 5pm on 17th August 2019.
- The promoters accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entering the competition or accepting any prize.
- All entrants must agree to take part in publicity related to winning a prize and the winners agree to licence their poster design and details to Comedy Poster Awards in perpetuity for the purpose of promoting the awards, and to permit them to sub-licence the same to third parties for the same purposes, without fee.
- The promoter's decision regarding any part of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. The promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
When voting in the Comedy Poster Awards, you have the option to sign in using either a British Comedy Guide account or a social media account (Google, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram). We use this sign in to confirm you are a valid voter (i.e. not a robot) and to facilitate the prize draws for promoters. Record of your sign in will not be used for any other purpose than facilitating the Comedy Poster Awards voting and prize draw, and will not be shared with any third parties. Signing in with your social media account does not give the Comedy Poster Awards access to your social media account, nor does it allow us to post anything on your feed/wall.
If you win a prize for taking part in the voting we will attempt to contact you via your chosen sign in method. This is the only instance in which we'd use your details to contact you.