Terms and conditions for Awards entry
By entering the competition, you are accepting these terms and conditions:
- Only one poster entry is permitted per show.
- Entrants must be, or represent, the lawful copyright holder for the poster artwork being submitted.
- Entry confers upon Comedy Poster Awards the right to use the poster and its submitted details in perpetuity on its website without fee.
- Entries must be submitted using the entry system on this website.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted.
- The promoter reserves the right to refuse entries which are incomplete, duplicate or otherwise inappropriate.
- All entries must be made directly by the comedian or agent or authorised representative.
- The show must be a comedy show performing at the 2018 Edinburgh Festival Fringe (as defined by having a listing on British Comedy Guide).
- The prizes are £500 for the Beer52 Audience Prize and £500 for the Panel Prize. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the promoters reserve the right to offer an alternative prize.
- The deadline to enter a poster is 23:59 on 24th August 2018. Voting for the Beer52 Audience Award finishes at 5pm on 25th August 2018.
- The promoters accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entering the competition or accepting any prize.
- All entrants must agree to take part in publicity related to winning a prize and the winners agree to licence their poster design and details to Comedy Poster Awards in perpetuity for the purpose of promoting the awards, and to permit them to sub-licence the same to third parties for the same purposes, without fee.
- The promoter's decision regarding any part of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. The promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
Voting prize draw rules
Prize draws for those taking part in the voting will take at regular intervals up to 25th August 2018, with the prize(s) on offer at any given point stated on the prizes page. The winner(s) for each prize period will be randomly selected from the list of people that voted in the prize window. Entry is made by casting at least one vote for a poster during the given prize period. Comedy Poster Awards will contact the winners using the details they signed in with. Winners have seven days to reply and accept their prize; failure to accept within the allotted time will result in a new winner being drawn. Prizes are non transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. Comedy Poster Awards reserve the right to change or remove the offer of any prize at any time. Winners agree that their name may be publicised. Prizes will only be posted to UK addresses. Please allow two months for delivery.
When voting in the Comedy Poster Awards we ask you to sign in using either a British Comedy Guide account or a social media account (Google, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram). We use this sign in to confirm you are a valid voter (i.e. not a robot). Record of your sign in will not be used for any other purpose than facilitating the Comedy Poster Awards voting and prize draw, and will not be shared with any third parties. Signing in with your social media account does not give the Comedy Poster Awards access to your social media account, nor does it allow us to post anything on your feed(s).
If you win a prize we will attempt to contact you via your chosen sign in method. This is the only instance in which we'd use your details to contact you.