Episode 2.2 Picture
This week Dave is joined by motorbiking chefs The Hairy Bikers (Simon King and David Myres) and journalist Jane Moore. This week's ideas include magent-powered cars, edible sticky tape and colour co-ordinated supermarkets.
Related Video Clip
- Colour-coordinate everything in supermarkets. Not a genius
- Edible sticky tape to stick back broken food. Genius
Fastest Finger First
The next idea was picked by the person to put their hand up first.
- Inflatable bottoms to make it more comfortable sitting down on hard surfaces for long periods. Genius
The following ideas were submitted with confusing or strange pictures illustrating them.
- Table-top cows so you always have milk for unexpected guests. Not a genius
- Magnet-powered cars - a magnet is put in front of a car which drags the car along the road removing the need for fuel. Not a genius
Similar to the last section, just with video clips instead of diagrams.
- Comprehensive counting - instead of saying "one-and-a-half, two-and-a-half etc." the names of these numbers would be portmanteau words made from the two whole numbers they halve, so they would be "owo, twree, thour, fove, fivx etc." Not a genius
- Convert women's hot flushes into electricity. Genius
- Put root vegetable gardens on flat roofs above kitchens so you can pick your veg straight from your ceiling. Genius
- The maximum speed you can drive at should be equal to your age. Not a genius
- Alternate eye blinking so you never miss anything. Genius
- Erasable plaster casts so you can get rid of signatures from people you do not like and remove silly drawings people put on them. Genius
- Update chess by desegregating the black and white pieces. Genius
- A half pen/half pencil called a "pen-cil". Genius
- Merge Sweden and Norway into one country called "Swede-way". If successful, you could also combine Spain and Portugal to make "Sportugal". Genius
- Late-night lollipop ladies dressed in rave gear for drunk people. Genius
- Mon 4th October 2010
- BBC Two
- 1.13 million viewers (5.4% audience share)
- 30 minutes
- Sat 9th Oct 2010 (11:20pm, BBC2)
Dave Gorman is joined by TV food gurus The Hairy Bikers and journalist Jane Moore, who help to test-drive a device to relieve the agony of a bony bottom.
Featuring: Dave Gorman, The Hairy Bikers, The Hairy Bikers, Jane Moore.