Episode 7.8 Picture
- 7.1. Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Nicole Scherzinger, Matt Cardle
- 7.2. Dermot O'Leary, David Walliams, Westlife, Mary J Blige
- 7.3. X Factor Judges, Tinie Tempah, Terry Wogan
- 7.4. Lady Gaga, Dannii Minogue, Peter Kay
- 7.5. Lee Evans, Bear Grylls, One Direction
- 7.6. Ricky Gervais, Warwick Davis, Vernon Kay, Ed Sheeran
- Special: Christmas Special
- Special: Alan Carr's New Year Specstacular
While everyone at Channel 4 is away for Xmas and New Year, the nation's favourite chat show host, Alan Carr has been left in charge of Channel 4 HQ and is taking over the basement and throwing a New Year Eve's party to remember!
Join Alan for the biggest bash of the year as he celebrates New Year's Eve in style with a host of celebrity friends including Jonathan Ross, Micky Flanagan, Melanie Sykes, Gok Wan, Kirstie Allsopp, Alesha Dixon, Bruno Tonioli, Heston Blumenthal plus many more familiar faces. Live music is from JLS and The Ting Tings.
Alan Carr's New Year Specstacular sees Alan's unique warm hospitality and infectious personality shine through in this party with a difference. Viewers can expect his special guests appearing throughout the programme in various guises including VT sketches, entertaining games and top musical performances along with his raucous studio audience participating in the festivities.
Confirmed VT sketches so far includes a spoof of The King's Speech, a Made In Chelsea parody featuring Alan and the cast of the show plus a couple of sketches with best friend David Walliams including a not-to-be-missed Royal's spoof with Alan as Prince William and David as Kate Middleton.
Syeda Irtizaali, Commissioning Editor for entertainment on Channel 4 said: "I can think of no better person to leave Channel 4's New Year celebrations in the hands of than our very own Alan. Expect a raucous and funny party night packed full of celebrity guests, plenty of sketches and surprises and a wonderfully mischievous look back at the best of 2011."
- Sat 31st December 2011
- Channel 4
- 2.4 million viewers (10% audience share)
- 150 minutes