Status report Page 5,922

Quote: Ben @ 21st May 2016, 11:59 AM BST

Might liven things up by claiming I've developed x-ray vision.

Whilst looking at their crotch and winking?

Quote: Lee @ 21st May 2016, 12:07 PM BST

Whilst looking at their crotch and winking?

What else would you expect from a massive pervert? Cool

Can't get to sleep, even though I've been awake since half 3 this morning.

:(

This is where the Critique section used to be handy

:D I fell to sleep soon after posting that.

Quote: sootyj @ 19th May 2016, 9:50 AM BST

A review of The View from Islington North

Do you have a vested interest by any chance Sooty?

Sorry but I couldn't be arsed to read it all.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd May 2016, 1:24 AM BST

The best thread in a fight eh? It got pretty dirty as well

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd May 2016, 1:24 AM BST

The best thread in a fight eh? It got pretty dirty as well

Today hates me. Had a really bad day today and tomorrow won't be much better. Thought I would relax with a DVD. That was going well until it decided mid way to stop reading the disc. Definitely the player as tried another disc and same thing happened. Turning off and on again didn't help.

Quote: reds @ 25th May 2016, 1:24 PM BST

Today hates me. Had a really bad day today and tomorrow won't be much better. Thought I would relax with a DVD. That was going well until it decided mid way to stop reading the disc. Definitely the player as tried another disc and same thing happened. Turning off and on again didn't help.

Sorry to hear it's been a bummer and it happens to me when a gadget breaks at the worst possible time. It feels like a ghost is laughing at me. Put a positive spin on it and use it as a message that doing something else will be more enjoyable. Typing Mozart in to YouTube is guaranteed to make you forget about the knackered DVD player and I bet it will work again tomorrow. When you put the DVD in place it with the label facing up so when you eject it you can tell if it's been spinning around. It's a good sign if it's spinning and could start working again but it might be a sign it's dying. There's no easy way to tell a DVD player this harrowing news so you just need to get as much as you can out of it before respectfully chucking it in to the recycling centre skip when it's adamant it will not play a DVD again.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 25th May 2016, 11:30 PM BST

Sorry to hear it's been a bummer and it happens to me when a gadget breaks at the worst possible time. It feels like a ghost is laughing at me. Put a positive spin on it and use it as a message that doing something else will be more enjoyable. Typing Mozart in to YouTube is guaranteed to make you forget about the knackered DVD player and I bet it will work again tomorrow. When you put the DVD in place it with the label facing up so when you eject it you can tell if it's been spinning around. It's a good sign if it's spinning and could start working again but it might be a sign it's dying. There's no easy way to tell a DVD player this harrowing news so you just need to get as much as you can out of it before respectfully chucking it in to the recycling centre skip when it's adamant it will not play a DVD again.

Ta. The player didn't start working again. Have replaced it with a cheap one. Nothing flashy but it plays multi region DVDs which is all I need to do.

As I stood on a pavement recently, a woman glared at me and shouted youjik obokangeeoot.

If anyone knows what she was trying to convey, I would be grateful to hear from him or her.

We'd need to know the accent. At a rough guess I'd say she was telling you that you're a jug of kangaroo meat.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 30th May 2016, 6:26 PM BST

As I stood on a pavement recently, a woman glared at me and shouted youjik obokangeeoot.

If anyone knows what she was trying to convey, I would be grateful to hear from him or her.

Did she have cats with her?

Quote: keewik @ 30th May 2016, 8:38 PM BST

We'd need to know the accent. At a rough guess I'd say she was telling you that you're a jug of kangaroo meat.

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th May 2016, 8:57 PM BST

Did she have cats with her?

:D

I would say that she was from the country of Malawi and speaking Finnish or Dutch.

I'm not Jewish but was left with a feeling that I was a victim of oblique anti-semitism.

She was wearing a tartan duffel coat and her glasses were definitely from Specsavers.

Just signed up for my first Tough Mudder in 11 weeks and counting. eek!