Status report Page 5,920

Quote: billwill @ 5th May 2016, 1:53 AM BST

That'll be a queen wasp looking for a place to create a new nest.

Or a Hornet.

So technically I can tell everyone I had an impromptu visit from royalty while I was having my dinner a bit like the scene in Coming To America. I just won't go in to the specifics.

Have all you wimps gone to bed instead of staying up for results?

Quote: keewik @ 6th May 2016, 1:57 AM BST

That's what I say when attending an orgy

Quote: keewik @ 6th May 2016, 1:57 AM BST

That's what I say when attending an orgy

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Dear Autumn. I know I live somewhere that you can't really tell you've arrived. I mean you never turn the leaves pretty colours or make them fall from branches..... but seriously this is ridiculous.
Ok. I haven't needed to use the fan for a while but really- I shouldn't be warm enough in a singlet and shorts and a sheet at night in may.
In case you missed it summer ended two months ago and 'winter' is less than a month away.

Quote: reds @ 7th May 2016, 2:19 PM BST

Dear Autumn. I know I live somewhere that you can't really tell you've arrived. I mean you never turn the leaves pretty colours or make them fall from branches..... but seriously this is ridiculous.
Ok. I haven't needed to use the fan for a while but really- I shouldn't be warm enough in a singlet and shorts and a sheet at night in may.
In case you missed it summer ended two months ago and 'winter' is less than a month away.

Not the right way up. Spring is really warm today.

Just finished brewing 10 gallons of beer. It was hot work (93F/34C) and a lot of flies were attracted to the sugary mess, so I'm glad to be finished after 6 hours. Time for a shower.

It's 10.30pm, I have the window open and 2 turbo fans working at full pelt pointing straight at me and I am still too hot . . . in Scotland. Cool

Life is relentless in constantly throwing puzzles at me.

Menopause Whistling nnocently

Menorewind

Lee has been on the liqueur tonight. He doesn't normally drink but when he does, he drinks these by the pints.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 12th May 2016, 10:33 PM BST

It's 10.30pm, I have the window open and 2 turbo fans working at full pelt pointing straight at me and I am still too hot . . . in Scotland. Cool

Life is relentless in constantly throwing puzzles at me.

I'm the same and need fans on in this weather because my flat turns in to an oven whenever the sun puts his hat on. I think air conditioning companies are going to be on a money spinner over the next decade or two as rising temperatures mean developers start building houses with built in air conditioning.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th May 2016, 11:12 PM BST

I think air conditioning companies are going to be on a money spinner over the next decade

When I lived in London, one summer you couldn't buy a fan anywhere as they ran out!

Quote: fopdoodle @ 12th May 2016, 11:24 PM BST

When I lived in London, one summer you couldn't buy a fan anywhere as they ran out!

Sounds like Stamford Bridge this year.

We went into Sofology yesterday, purely to kill time waiting for an appointment elsewhere. When we walked in, we were greeted by a salesman who said, "Hi guys, have you been to Sofology before, do you know how it works?"

"How it works?!"

Yes, yes I do. I walk around and think how unnecessarily expensive some of this shit is and try my best to avoid bumping into you again before you ask again for the millionth time if I need any help.

Of course I just shook my head, smiled and let him explain the complex mind bending rules of the Sofology experience.