Status report Page 5,919

Quote: George Kaplan @ 29th April 2016, 2:58 PM BST

Sounds nasty. Take it easy - plenty of Vintage TV maybe. :)

Definitely - you know me all too well ;)

Quote: George Kaplan @ 29th April 2016, 2:58 PM BST

Sounds nasty. Take it easy - plenty of Vintage TV maybe. :)

Definitely - you know me all too well ;)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 29th April 2016, 3:36 PM BST

Oops, I was about to shitstorm you for not posting here for a certain time. I'm glad didn't do it. All the best and get well soon, mother superior. As George already said, vintageTV/classic comedy is the best thing to relax and put a smile on your face.

Absolutely :)

Quote: zooo @ 29th April 2016, 3:36 PM BST

Oww. Poor BlueNun. Console

Thank you Wave

Quote: George Kaplan @ 29th April 2016, 4:33 PM BST

:D

That was a fun movie too.

Talking of which, Gordon did you ever get around to watching Still Crazy?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/1937/1096#P1046024

Thank you Gordon, I haven't seen M&L for years, but recall seeing it with my friend and enjoyed it in a very cod 80s way.

The song reminded me of the mighty Adam Rickett's oh-so-brief pop career. Just in case, unlike me, you've all got a life and aren't bogged down by pointless nostalgia, Rickett was the second beefed-up Nick(y) Tilsley from Corrie/wannabee Tory politico)

Thank you Gordon, I haven't seen M&L for years, but recall seeing it with my friend and enjoyed it in a very cod 80s way.

The song reminded me of the mighty Adam Rickett's oh-so-brief pop career. Just in case, unlike me, you've all got a life and aren't bogged down by pointless nostalgia, Rickett was the second beefed-up Nick(y) Tilsley from Corrie/wannabee Tory politico)

Nooo, still a gap in my education. There's a good chance my best mate's got that in his DVD collection. He's like me a rock music lover but he also has hundreds of DVDs...some of them are music related, like School Of Rock, Almost Famous, Rock n Roll High School, Rutles etc. I'll ask him about it.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 29th April 2016, 7:30 PM BST

Nooo, still a gap in my education. There's a good chance my best mate's got that in his DVD collection. He's like me a rock music lover but he also has hundreds of DVDs...some of them are music related, like School Of Rock, Almost Famous, Rock n Roll High School, Rutles etc. I'll ask him about it.

Yeah, do. You know I'll be checking back in another of couple of years otherwise.
:)

Quote: George Kaplan @ 29th April 2016, 7:36 PM BST

Yeah, do. You know I'll be checking back in another of couple of years otherwise.
:)

I thought 'Still Crazy' was great. It's the one penned by Clement and Le Frenais was it not?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 29th April 2016, 8:29 PM BST

I thought 'Still Crazy' was great. It's the one penned by Clement and Le Frenais was it not?

Yup. Let's keep up the pressure on Gordon. :D

Has a fantastic cast too, inc. Bruce Robinson in what looks like his last acting role.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0149151/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_75

Just seen this! Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0149151/board/nest/68795727?ref_=tt_bd_1

this may drive me crazy

After watching Still Crazy on the BBC Tuesday night,with sound down cos everyone was in bed, I remembered I'd recorded it a few Christmas's ago (got about 100 videos of stuff ive recorded over the last few Christmas's, im sad like that)

AND NOW I CANT STOP!!

Ive watched it every night this week, and probably will again tomorrow.

And he's by no means the only one!

Be warned!

This movie is dangerous! Dangerous!

Drinking mimosas, Bloody Marys and beer while eating steak breakfast burritos by the pool with the neighbors. Life is good.

Glorious day today but my knees are aching from overdoing it yesterday so I couldn't go for a run tonight.

Having a glass of red with a roast beef dinner and wondering why a huge wasp has been hovering around my window for the last hour. It's obviously desperate to get in for some reason but I can't work out if it's friend or foe. Maybe it banged it's head and actually wants next door.

Overturned a planning application for a new road on safety grounds. Read up on Caroline Pidgeon. Had the door bell and three light fittings fixed by an electrician who argues for less payment than his quote. Poured hot water on the dandelions. Looked into the eyes of the dog on my RSPCA calendar for an hour and a half. Investigated the prices of the PG Tips monkey memorabilia. Spoke to Peggy about life at 91. Thought about Claudio Ranieri a lot.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 4th May 2016, 7:02 PM BST

Glorious day today but my knees are aching from overdoing it yesterday so I couldn't go for a run tonight.

Having a glass of red with a roast beef dinner and wondering why a huge wasp has been hovering around my window for the last hour. It's obviously desperate to get in for some reason but I can't work out if it's friend or foe. Maybe it banged it's head and actually wants next door.

That'll be a queen wasp looking for a place to create a new nest.

Or a Hornet.

After a sleepless night I was first in the polling station.

In the end I only put Caroline's Pidgeons second.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 5th May 2016, 7:55 AM BST

It's a sad day when someone has been restless worrying about who to vote for - I don't have that problem having not voted for anything in at least 40 years.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th May 2016, 9:46 AM BST

It's a sad day when someone has been restless worrying about who to vote for - I don't have that problem having not voted for anything in at least 40 years.

I am so appalled as to be almost speechless!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th May 2016, 9:46 AM BST

That's 1976 - and a bit of an extreme reaction to Harold Wilson quitting politics.

However, I do understand as I don't like 99% of candidates these days.

I don't even like the ones I voted for and was very tempted to vote for the Animal Welfare Party instead.

Quote: billwill @ 5th May 2016, 1:53 AM BST

That'll be a queen wasp looking for a place to create a new nest.

Or a Hornet.

It's your own fault for not putting up a sign saying "No Wasps or Hornets!"

Quote: A Horseradish @ 5th May 2016, 7:55 AM BST

In the end I only put Caroline's Pidgeons second.

The only reason I knew there was an election today was because I received a leaflet from the Green Party. No other party had sent me anything. Quite ironic really.