Status report Page 5,861

Cock up on the hospital front, but I don't mind :) . Just come back from there and the biopsy showed it to just be a warty growth and not cancerous at all, so I do not have to go back for the light treatment this afternoon. Yippee!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th October 2015, 10:22 PM BST

Oh dear, how/why the radiation treatment as a child? And I'm sorry, but I never like to hear of people having moles removed - aren't they best left alone? Or does he have no choice?
Sincerely hope everything goes OK for him.

He had leukaemia when he was 4, then relapsed at 8 and had to have a bone marrow transplant. So radiation both times and that can have all sorts of side effects. But he's still alive. Re the mole - they've photographed his back etc and check it every time so if there's anything slightly dubious, they take it out.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th October 2015, 11:59 AM BST

Cock up on the hospital front, but I don't mind :) . Just come back from there and the biopsy showed it to just be a warty growth and not cancerous at all, so I do not have to go back for the light treatment this afternoon. Yippee!

That's excellent!. I think what you have, may be what they used to call a senile wart but nowadays they use a fancy medical term to avoid insulting people. Laughing out loud

Quote: keewik @ 9th October 2015, 4:28 PM BST

He had leukaemia when he was 4, then relapsed at 8 and had to have a bone marrow transplant. So radiation both times and that can have all sorts of side effects. But he's still alive. Re the mole - they've photographed his back etc and check it every time so if there's anything slightly dubious, they take it out.

Well I won't moan again when I have to go to the hospital! Wish him well from me and hope you both come through it all OK.

PS Have just posted the last two Punch cartoons from the Scotland book, which might make you smile. :) At least I hope so.

There's a wasp nest at the back of our garden.

I've just had a terrible haircut!

On a more positive note, I'm heading out of the smoke and going back to civilisation this weekend. Off to visit the folks and to watch Japan Vs USA.

Very happy about my work today - I actually just gave myself a round of applause for something I wrote

I have to wake up early tomorrow and yet I'm still on the internet.

It is early in the morning and I'm on the internet. :(

Why don't you introduce yourself. :)

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/introductions/

Not looking forward to tomorrow. Funeral of a 28-year-old who was a gift to the world. Seems so wrong he's dead.

Sounds like you were very close. My sympathies. Far too soon.

Not so much that we were close but he just lightened the lives of everybody who met him. In various places in the UK. I have a DVD to give to his mother of the first panto he appeared in with my drama club. We all loved him.

My condolences keewik on this sad day.

It must be the time of year!

My friend of forty odd years died suddenly last week (58)

He went to the toilet in the middle of the night and his wife found him there next morning.

Ironically, he would have laughed at such an ending - but it's hard to laugh in reality.

It has knocked me for six..... first friend to die.

As you push 60, the subject of 'popping off' crops up more often
And, we discussed it - usually about funny epitaphs... but the jokes are now lost on me.

It has affected me badly (something I didn't really expect)

Lost three in the last five years - one younger, one older than me and one the same age - my ex business partner.

Now find myself checking the obits in the local rags everyday and it is worrying the number that are younger than me. :(

Staying at a cottage in Shropshire for the week. Doing exactly what I want when I want although there doesn't seem to be any broadband so I'm doing this on my phone. Have got some other distractions though.