Status report Page 5,616

Ben is looking forward to the stag do he's going to in Newquay on Friday. About a 5.5 hour drive down there, but thankfully he'll be in the passenger seat.

If you're right-handed it's a bit weird to put the handles to the left.

Quote: keewik @ 23rd April 2014, 11:25 PM BST

If you're right-handed it's a bit weird to put the handles to the left.

You've met her then ?

Quote: Oldrocker @ 23rd April 2014, 11:34 PM BST

You've met her then ?

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Ben has to shave. It's the worst part of getting ready for work.

Work was better today. There were only three working days in the week due to Easter Monday and tomorrow been a public holiday for ANZAC day. We also had some other issues. I think everyone was just a bit stressed.
The good thing about where I work is no holds grudges, so next week everything should be good.

Hurrah!

And 3 working days? Awesome. Why can't every week be like that. I swear the same amount of work would get done because everyone would be happier.

Quote: reds @ 24th April 2014, 12:07 PM BST

Work was better today. There were only three working days in the week due to Easter Monday and tomorrow been a public holiday for ANZAC day. We also had some other issues. I think everyone was just a bit stressed.
The good thing about where I work is no holds grudges, so next week everything should be good.

That's good, but better to start job hunting when you're thinking about then when you have to.
It's a slow process and it's better to job hunt at leisure, especially as it opens up the option to try other things.

Quote: sootyj @ 24th April 2014, 12:23 PM BST

That's good, but better to start job hunting when you're thinking about then when you have to.
It's a slow process and it's better to job hunt at leisure, especially as it opens up the option to try other things.

Planning on sticking it out for another year and hopefully leaving to work overseas. Find job hunting a little bit scary. I'm nearly 27 and have been either been studying or doing paid/volunteer since I about 14, but I've always just kind of got lucky in that I haven't had to fill out selection criteria or attend really formal interviews to get them.

Don't knock hands on experience

excolleague of mine advised me, apply for one job seriously a year, that way you'll always know how you're doing.

nb if you're looking for stuff in social care in the UK let me know, I might have some contacts left.

Quote: sootyj @ 24th April 2014, 12:50 PM BST

nb if you're looking for stuff in social care in the UK let me know, I might have some contacts left.

Bloody foreigners, coming over here taking our jobs!

if it's the Black country you're referring, surely it's foreigners coming here and stealing our JOB.

I'll have you know that stripping the plastic off copper wire calls for a high degree of skill.

Ben wonders if the world is ready for his new trainers tomorrow.

Roscoff is off to bed to read another chapter of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Always fascinated by the cold war and the Berlin Wall. Still I suspect we'll be seeing a Ukrainian one soon so as I missed out on the German one I might go there!