Four Lions - Chris Morris' Jihadi Comedy Page 9

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 20 2010, 3:35 PM BST

For anybody planning to go this weekend, there's a lovely event:

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2010/05/19/11032/chris_morris_speaks%21

Oh what? I've already seen it, and am away this weekend so another trip to the cinema is out.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed it, even though it was quite sad too. Was hoping for a different outcome though, ahh well...

Thought Riz Ahmed and Kayvan Novak were brilliant.

I liked this very much. Extremely funny, I thought. Recommended.

Dan

I quite like some of the criticism that has come from listeners on the Mayo/Kermode film show that a lot of the people laughing really hard at this in cinemas are twats keen to prove their liberal credentials.

The only people in the cinema when I went to see it were a posh, possibly slightly tipsy couple, in their 60s who laughed very heartily.

Quote: chipolata @ June 17 2010, 10:06 AM BST

I quite like some of the criticism that has come from listeners on the Mayo/Kermode film show that a lot of the people laughing really hard at this in cinemas are twats keen to prove their liberal credentials.

Uh? People have really come out with that? Who are these people? The poor sods who didn't find it funny or ultra liberals trying to out-liberal everybody else?

You people! Always shooting the messenger in the face! I'm just telling you something!

I think the complaint from some people is that it's a good thoughtful film but it's not an Airplane, and in some screenings people seem to have been laughing like dray horses to prove they're some kind of dangerous edgy laugh-at-anything rebels.

Stupid bastards.

Quote: chipolata @ June 17 2010, 10:50 AM BST

You people! Always shooting the messenger in the face! I'm just telling you something!

I think the complaint from some people is that it's a good thoughtful film but it's not an Airplane, and in some screenings people seem to have been laughing like dray horses to prove they're some kind of dangerous edgy laugh-at-anything rebels.

I laughed like a f**king twat at the "mini babybell" line. I don't think that was necessarily because I'm a sissy lefty pinko.

Quote: David Bussell @ June 17 2010, 10:58 AM BST

I laughed like a f**king twat at the "mini babybell" line. I don't think that was necessarily because I'm a sissy lefty pinko.

I don't think they're laughing because they're sissy lefto pinkos, they're laughing because they're the sort of twats who say, "I love black comedy me! I'll laugh at any sick shit!"

Also, I'm just mentioning what I heard on the radio! I wish I hadn't bothered now! You people! Rolling eyes

Quote: chipolata @ June 17 2010, 11:00 AM BST

Also, I'm just mentioning what I heard on the radio! I wish I hadn't bothered now! You people! Rolling eyes

Ah, you're such a character! I can scarcely believe you're real!

Quote: chipolata @ June 17 2010, 11:00 AM BST

I don't think they're laughing because they're sissy lefto pinkos, they're laughing because they're the sort of twats who say, "I love black comedy me! I'll laugh at any sick shit!"

Ah, I see what you're saying. And there's probably an element of truth to it too. Let's hug.

I'm finally off to see this tonight. Can't beat a bit of funny, late night cinema.

Really enjoyed this last night. Very funny throughout. I'd read a few reviews saying that the second half came across muddled, but I didn't see any problem with it. Did anyone else think Barry came across a bit like Super Hans? Not a suprise considering the writers really.