Four Lions - Chris Morris' Jihadi Comedy Page 7

But they died peacefully, or of natural causes. Most tyrants have rightfully been dug up, smashed up and interred somewhere less salubrious.

The point is they couldn't be stopped when they were alive. The brave insurrectionists were piled into mass pits.

The pont also is, it is one thing to talk about challenging an extremeist power, it is another to risk your life and many other innocent lives actually doing it. I applaud the ones who have been brave enough. But in most cases it didn't get them anywhere.

The KGB have long had a theory that Hitler was murdered by his subordinates. Aparently there's some impressive evidence for this.

Pohl Pott almost certainly was murdered.

And Stalin was always rumoured to be killed by surgeons on his operating table. He was persecuting Jewish Drs and no medics felt safe from him.

But they were all well into their dotage anyway and and all their damage had been done.

True being a tyrant is an old man's job.

I suppose it's why people believe in heaven and hell.

Well it does give some sort of comfort after the living world has let the tyrants get away with it. I can understand the need to believe in it.

Quote: sootyj @ May 9 2010, 8:17 PM BST

True being a tyrant is an old man's job.

They don't become tyrants overnight. Sometimes they can even start out quite ideological. Such as Robert Mugabe. Power corrupts and all that.

That's the tragedy. That truly is the tragedy.

No, the real tragedy is that the last two pages of this thread are going to get borked just as soon as Aaron notices how far off topic we've all gone.

Er, so what did you make of the film, Kevin? Huh?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 9 2010, 8:36 PM BST

Er, so what did you make of the film, Kevin? Huh?

Unfortunately, it's not screening anywhere near me. Looks like I'm waiting for the DVD. Or for this thread, which I really shouldn't be reading, to ruin it for me.

That's a good point, it's not on general release is it, or is it? Are only certain chains touching it?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 9 2010, 8:47 PM BST

That's a good point, it's not on general release is it, or is it? Are only certain chains touching it?

I think it's just the usual bullshit story for distributing British movies. They probably had to fight tooth and nail just to get into the cinemas they did. There's about a hundred of them, just nothing within an hour's drive of me.

http://www.four-lions.co.uk/

I thought you lived in London?

Yeah I see, there's a couple of big names who didn't want it then, but the biggest and best did.

Quote: sootyj @ May 9 2010, 9:12 PM BST

I thought you lived in London?

Nope. Not yet, anyway.