Four Lions - Chris Morris' Jihadi Comedy Page 11

I have this to watch. Not sure when I'll get around to it though?

Quote: Leevil @ August 30 2010, 3:56 PM BST

Not sure when I'll get around to it though?

Well I don't know.

You should, dammit!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 30 2010, 3:54 PM BST

Still haven't seen it. I'm such a terrible Chris Morris fan.

I hear his next project is a satire on fans like you.

Quote: Ben @ August 30 2010, 4:01 PM BST

I hear his next project is a satire on fans like you.

I look forward to seeing it in about fifteen years time!

Watched. Enjoyed. Nothing else to say.

Just watched this. Twice.

I'd have to say this is as close to perfect a comedy film as I've seen. Certainly the best British comedy film I can remember seeing.

I don't think the dimwits detracted from it at all. I wouldn't say it over-relied on them. I think the balance was bang-on.

Really couldn't fault it.

I think I prefer Four Weddings to be honest, but it's still in my top 10 Britcoms.

Quote: Ben @ September 6 2010, 9:29 PM BST

I think I prefer Four Weddings to be honest, but it's still in my top 10 Britcoms.

I'll have to watch that again. I thought Four Weddings was a nice romantic comedy, but I don't recall laughing at it.

I laughed quite a bit at it. I must note, though, that nothing in Four Weddings made me laugh as much as the sheep bit in Four Lions.

Finally saw this over the weekend and loved it. It was very thought provoking and challenging, but what I think really made it work was that Chris Morris also went down some traditional comedy/narrative routes and it wasn't all pure shock stuff (For example, with a certain amount of rejigging it could easily have been a comedy about four bumbling bank robbers) - that is ultimately what put you in a position to sympathise with the protagonists (therin making it thought provoking etc etc).

But what I really enjoyed, which makes me truly sad, is the fact most of it was filmed in the park at the bottom of my road.

The only bit I didn't like about the film was Waj confusing chickens for rabbits. That seemed a little too stupid to me. A very small criticism though.

the DVD is on my Christmas list

Always been a big fan of Chris Morris and Four Lions has its funny moments. But the end left a bit of a bad taste. Found it difficult to empathise with the characters considering what they were doing.

Quote: Ben @ September 7 2010, 6:36 PM BST

The only bit I didn't like about the film was Waj confusing chickens for rabbits. That seemed a little too stupid to me. A very small criticism though.

Saw Waj in a pub in Soho a few weeks ago. I watched him for about half an hour and he didn't blow anything up or anything.