Milestone posts Page 198

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 6th February 2016, 7:12 PM GMT

"For she's a jolly good fellow..."

And so say (almost all) of us.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th February 2016, 11:39 PM GMT

:O Sacred Blue! And yet I'm known for being so reticent.

Shy? Unable to talk to people? Then join the BCG and become the man about town that everyone speaks about.

That debonair man of mystery.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 7th February 2016, 12:54 AM GMT

That debonair man of mystery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjoi_0YhGA

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th February 2016, 9:41 AM GMT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjoi_0YhGA

That particular track always reminds me of my husband's friends, Mr X, He dresses like a 1960s reject and has claimed the following feats:

* He's currently on the SAS Reserve List
* He once had a martial arts fight with a woman in a triple garage located in Surrey (yes, I thought about the plot of Goldfinger too ...)
* He didn't live with his mother (until she went into a nursing home) - it was a housekeeper who looked after him, not his mater, no no no.
* He used to host risque parties in suburban Essex

Well I've been on here 9 years this month - and I know there others who were here before me still lurking.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th February 2016, 5:27 PM GMT

Well I've been on here 9 years this month - and I know there others who were here before me still lurking.

Hah! DougWonnacott pointed out on this thread yesterday that I average 7/8 posts a day, and you are about the same. Cool

'Cept mine are erudite and mean something. :P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th February 2016, 6:50 PM GMT

'Cept mine are erudite and mean something. :P

What's Glue Sniffing got to do with it?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 7th February 2016, 4:32 PM GMT

That particular track always reminds me of my husband's friends, Mr X, He dresses like a 1960s reject and has claimed the following feats:

* He's currently on the SAS Reserve List
* He once had a martial arts fight with a woman in a triple garage located in Surrey (yes, I thought about the plot of Goldfinger too ...)
* He didn't live with his mother (until she went into a nursing home) - it was a housekeeper who looked after him, not his mater, no no no.
* He used to host risque parties in suburban Essex

I once worked with a twat who claimed he sank the Belgrano when he was in the navy, had studied a nuclear physics degree and had been shown round the Large Hadron Collider. He was a f**king fantasist who eventually got pensioned off from his government job on the grounds that his work had made him ill. F**king lying lazy twat c**t.

Not that it bothered me......

Laughing out loud A married couple we used to knock around with in the late 60s - her husband got thrown out of the Navy and joined the RAF (he was a skinny weed with poor health). One day we went to see her at their house by the base and she was telling us with a completely straight face that she worried about him when he was flying in his jet aircraft and quite often he would fly over their house and tip his wings in a hello to her.

Dear oh dear, she must have thought I had just fallen off a Christmas tree and it was as much as I could do to stop myself from laughing out loud.

Poor deluded cow.

Quote: Will Cam @ 7th February 2016, 11:54 PM GMT

I once worked with a twat who claimed he sank the Belgrano when he was in the navy, had studied a nuclear physics degree and had been shown round the Large Hadron Collider. He was a f**king fantasist who eventually got pensioned off from his government job on the grounds that his work had made him ill. F**king lying lazy twat c**t.

Not that it bothered me......

Were you a Civil Servant too Will? The guy I referred to was once one too, ditto quite a few of our friends, another of whom spent days drinking in the Departmental bar whilst off sick ...

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th February 2016, 12:04 AM GMT

Laughing out loud A married couple we used to knock around with in the late 60s - her husband got thrown out of the Navy and joined the RAF (he was a skinny weed with poor health). One day we went to see her at their house by the base and she was telling us with a completely straight face that she worried about him when he was flying in his jet aircraft and quite often he would fly over their house and tip his wings in a hello to her.

Dear oh dear, she must have thought I had just fallen off a Christmas tree and it was as much as I could do to stop myself from laughing out loud.

Poor deluded cow.

Now, that's a great story! I bet that they had full use of Noel Edmonds' helicopter too?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 8th February 2016, 12:04 AM GMT

Poor deluded cow.

Now, that's a great story! I bet that they had full use of Noel Edmonds' helicopter too?

Well, what do you know?

Quote: Lazzard @ 9th February 2016, 7:14 PM GMT

Well, what do you know?

Congrats Lazzard.

Nice one Lazzard

*checks own count while I'm here

EDIT

Hey just missed 14000
Should have been paying attention

1000 posts.

Anxiously awaiting my invite!

Quote: playfull @ 16th February 2016, 2:56 PM GMT

1000 posts.

Well done playfull, so now we have to encourage you to make just one more waffer thin post, and your symatry is gone for ever.

Quote: Lazzard @ 9th February 2016, 7:14 PM GMT

Well, what do you know?

Nice one Lazzard, next stop 4444 ?

Quote: playfull @ 16th February 2016, 2:56 PM GMT

1000 posts.

Laughing out loud Methinks it is mythical - I recently made 10,000.........not a dicky-bird.......f**k all..........nothing......nowt.......zilch.