More great releases from Network to come Page 10

Entirely possible. I've not heard anything officially, but I know it's the company Network use, and it looks like the entire warehouse has been destroyed from the few pictures I've seen. Depends on how Sony manage the problem from here.

You're taking this pretty calmly. For a few moments, I was mildly seething about a possible delay to A Very Peculiar Practice.

Well I'm deeply upset at the thought of it, but there's not much we can do. Hopefully anything will indeed just be delays, rather than cancellations. It looks like the destroyed building was a distribution/storage centre rather than a factory, so hopefully there are other empty warehouses Sony can move into and resume operations before long.

This statement has just been posted on Network's website:

Due to the civil unrest in London and the resultant fire at the Sony storage depot at Enfield, a large amount of DVD stock has been irretrievably damaged - including a large number of Network titles. As a result stock availability will be limited for the next few weeks until normal service is resumed. This will also affect new titles due to ship over the next few weeks - these will, of necessity, be delayed. When we have more information on stock availability and new release dates we will update accordingly but, in the meantime, your patience is appreciated.

We'd like to thank all those customers who've contacted Network to express their concern at our wellbeing - please be assured that we're not going anywhere.

Any unshipped orders will be refunded straight away and the shop will be open for business again as soon as the stock and distribution situation is sorted out.

The Persuaders! 40th anniversary event on the 10th of September will be completely unaffected by this situation.

Please keep an eye on this website for future updates.

Bastards. The kind of people being affected, those who work so hard digging up the archives to release forgotten gems on DVD.

People still reporting seeing and smelling smoke from Sony, so don't hold your breath about deliveries soon

Yes it's a labour of love for most companies producing the more niche titles. This won't help or encourage them.

Quote: AJGO @ August 9 2011, 9:38 PM BST

People still reporting seeing and smelling smoke from Sony, so don't hold your breath about deliveries soon

Well there are some important notes:

Firstly, the destroyed building was a storage and distribution centre, NOT manufacture. 'All' Sony need is to rent some empty warehouse somewhere else, and they're back up and running without any trouble. Things will be slower as - presumably - it'll take time to re-establish automated systems etc, but nevertheless.

Secondly, they hold stock before it's delivered to the likes of HMV, Amazon et al. If you've ordered something from a retailer - and it's in stock - then it should be fine. Pre-orders and those sold out are the titles affected.