The Olympics Page 82

Quote: bigfella @ August 5 2012, 3:42 PM BST

Come on Andy

*shouted in a very high pitch voice when everyone else has shut up*

He pummeled Federer. This olympics is like a parallel universe

Quote: zooo @ August 5 2012, 10:47 AM BST

Didn't all our best (male) footballers say they couldn't be arsed to take part, or that they were too tired or something? That's why we didn't win. They're obviously not quite earning enough.

Luckily our female ones weren't so lazy.

Not quite true zooo. Unlike the all-age women's competition, the men's tournament is restricted to under-23s and 3 over-age players, which rules out quite a lot of the best-known names. Then the English FA stipulated that any player selected for England in the Euros couldn't be picked for the Olympics as well (though in the end the third-choice goalie was, but he didn't really expend much energy in the Euros). When you add in players who are injured or just coming back from injury then you don't have a whole lot of ponsy priveliged players who didn't show. The reason Team GB didn't win is because they're not quite good enough.

In other news, I'm bloody loving the Limpics.

Quote: Badge @ August 5 2012, 4:56 PM BST

Not quite true zooo. Unlike the all-age women's competition, the men's tournament is restricted to under-23s and 3 over-age players, which rules out quite a lot of the best-known names. Then the English FA stipulated that any player selected for England in the Euros couldn't be picked for the Olympics as well (though in the end the third-choice goalie was, but he didn't really expend much energy in the Euros). When you add in players who are injured or just coming back from injury then you don't have a whole lot of ponsy priveliged players who didn't show. The reason Team GB didn't win is because they're not quite good enough.

In other news, I'm bloody loving the Limpics.

Every two years there is 101 eloquent excuses for Europe's most highly paid sportsmen under-achieving for their country and for this two weeks no one is interested.

Quote: youngian @ August 5 2012, 12:17 PM BST

Latest sailing results-

Britain took gold, Denmark took silver and the Somalians took a middle aged couple from Weymouth.

That literally made me Lolz-copter. Laughing out loud

Ben Ainsley was hilarious this week in the sailing, especially when he deliberately slowed down just to fook up the Dane in one race. 'Don't make me angry!'

Jessica Ennis is aces.

Waiting for the 100m final and watching the steeple chase. I like seeing atheletes tackle a water jump.

After the excitement of last night a lot of men are currently suffering from "Ennis Elbow".

Quote: Tony Cowards @ August 5 2012, 11:08 PM BST

After the excitement of last night a lot of men are currently suffering from "Ennis Elbow".

Laughing out loud

They keep showing that clip of Mo Farrah rolling on the ground after winning the 10000 Meters and his head getting within millimeters of the American runners flob.

Each time I watch, I still find myself concerned that his head will touch the super white saliva.

Laughing out loud Me too!

Watching BBC1 now, Michael Rimmer finished in fifth in the 800m and can be seen constantly saying "f**k" afterwards.

Very funny Olympic sailing commentary-

http://vimeo.com/46824253

Sort of Eurovision Wogan meets Alan Partridge.

Quote: youngian @ August 6 2012, 11:23 AM BST

Very funny Olympic sailing commentary-

http://vimeo.com/46824253

Sort of Eurovision Wogan meets Alan Partridge.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 6 2012, 11:06 AM BST

They keep showing that clip of Mo Farrah rolling on the ground after winning the 10000 Meters and his head getting within millimeters of the American runners flob.

Each time I watch, I still find myself concerned that his head will touch the super white saliva.

That was very much worrying me when I saw it live. I may have even shouted 'no no not in the gob'.
Why must people spit everywhere? :(

Quote: zooo @ August 6 2012, 11:30 AM BST

Why must people spit everywhere? :(

If I ran 10,000 meters, I'd probably spit, piss, shit and puke everywhere before collapsing and then dying.

Why is Ping Pong an Olympic event? It must surely be the most useless sport after dressage and synchronised swimming.

Have you seen Handball...

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ August 6 2012, 11:59 AM BST

Why is Ping Pong an Olympic event? It must surely be the most useless sport after dressage and synchronised swimming.

Pingpong was introduced to the Olympics to give the Chinese a chance of winning a medal.