Never Mind The Quality, Feel The Width

Does anyone know whether this sitcom is available commercially?

It is available, yes. But not with the slightest ounce of legality.

Moving to the correct forum.

So we're talking pirated stuff? Drat, I want something authentic with a degree of assurance as to recording quality.

Aye, pirated. And given its age, the quality would be ... Yes.

It's the kind of thing which I could easily see Network releasing within the next couple of years though, so you might be in luck.

And for the record, I'd also like to see it on DVD. If anyone happens to be reading this...

Quote: Aaron @ July 5 2008, 8:14 PM BST

It is available, yes. But not with the slightest ounce of legality.

PM me with a link Aaron.

Actually saw an episode at the Bradford Television museum. Very funny.

Revisited the Bradford Television Museum today and I re-watched the episode 'Old Soldiers Never Die' Very funny, great to see a young John Bluthal, who today is well known for playing boring Frank in The Vicar of Dibley. I'd love to see this on DVD, does anybody know how much of this show exists in the archives, as it seems to be from an age where many shows got 'wiped'?

I'm under the impression that much of the later series exist (and looking again, I see that some are 'available'), but the first couple may have been wiped. Of course, it was Thames, not BBC.

Yes, but ITV also have many 'missing' episodes, yet it is not as publicised as the BBC. The first series was made by ABC, which then became Thames. Vince Powell says in his autobiography, out of all his sitcoms, this was his favourite.

Yeah, I'm not sure if their losses were anywhere near to the same extent though, were they?

Oh I definetly know that. Hancock's Half Hour, Till Death us do Part, Dad's Army, The Likely Lads, the list goes on.

Interestingly, I read somewhere that recently, the missing episode of Dad's Army, 'A Stripe for Frazer' the actual sound-track for that episode has been found (not the radio episode, the actual television episode, but you can't see anything). I doubt it will be possible to just buy the soundtrack.

One of my friends is crazy. LOL
One of my friends is crazy after watching friends.
Plz take it easy, just because she loves this TV show very much, get stuck. She has watched it fouth times, the whole seasons from 1 to 10. I have to admire her mind to insist on this.

Ah, 'Never Mind The Quality Feel The Width'. My childhood equivalent of 'Love Thy Neighbour'. Starring John Bluthal as Manny Cohen the Jewish tailor, and Joe Kelly as Paddy, his stupid Irish assistant.

I remember very little about the programme, apart from the fact that from about the age of 12 my nickname at school became Manny. Other kids would run up to me in the playground, heave their shoulders, rub my shirt and say 'nice bit of schmatter Manny.' Oh how I didn't laugh.

Maureen Lipman as 'Beattie' (BT, geddit?) was Woody Allenesque compared to 'Never Mind The Quality.'

Dave Cohen (no relation)

Well, I can only speak of one episode, not the complete series, but in the only episode I watched, there was no prejudice to each character due to their religion and none of the stereotypes were used. But having said that, it only speaks of one episode, not the complete series.

Mr Old Thread revival here.............

Started watching my box set bought cheap on eBay and am really enjoying it. John Bluthal (really used to enjoy his Huw Wheldon impersonations in the Q series Laughing out loud) deserved his own series and this is it. Very funny. :D

I see from the old posts there was some discussion as to whether the recordings would ever be available, so presumably all those people are now very happy, including Aaron. :)

Joe Lynch turned up in a small part in a Laurence Harvey film I was watching at the beginning of the week off TPTV (?).................I'll have to look it up............just a mo......................"The Running Man" with the very sexy and sophisticated Lee Remick. Lovey