How I Met Your Mother

Do you guys get this show in the UK? Because if so I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned. I'm surprised it slipped by me in fact. It's in its 3rd season and is really funny writing with a great cast of funny actors and a creative format of one giant flashback. Neil Patrick Harris (better known to most as "Doogie Howser M.D). I'm on the 4th episode of the 1st season and I can't stop watching them (so far episode 3 is my favorite).
I big recommendation from me.

Yep, we do get it. I think I caught the first few episodes, thought it was ok, but it was scheduled badly so I never watched again.

It's the one Britney Spears has now been in a couple of times, right?

Yea apparently I haven't seen those episodes yet as I'm still on the first season.

In the UK we got the first season shown on both BBC2 and BBC3. I actually quite liked it, although it was hardly re-inventing the wheel. Unfortunately, I don't think the second season has been picked up by anybody so we probably won't see it in this country.

I've watched series 1 and 2 on Trouble. It's a great show. Barney is one of the greatest sitcom characters ever.

And it doesn't hurt that Cobie Smulders as Robin is gorgeous.

Quote: chipolata @ May 23 2008, 11:03 AM BST

And it doesn't hurt that Cobie Smulders as Robin is gorgeous.

In fact, one could say that she's smouldering hot.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ May 23 2008, 11:00 AM BST

I've watched series 1 and 2 on Trouble. It's a great show. Barney is one of the greatest sitcom characters ever.

Now that's a recommendation!

I watched the first series on BBC Two/Three and it's quite a good show but nothing groundbreaking but then I caught two episodes of the third series while I was in Australia and also an episode of series 2 while on the plane back and I really want to see more.

I think this has the potential to be huge and once it's popularity booms in America, I have no doubt that one of the UK terrestrial channel will acquire it.

Have to agree that Barney's the Best character in it.

Barney is a great character. Reminds me of some of a few of my own friends. The type that always give you a good story.
My favorite quote form him so far is "This is going to be Legend...wait for it and be careful if you're lactose intolerant...DAIRY!"

Doogie Howsers good in it, but its never struck me as a show worth carrying on with; just not funny enough. Maybe its got better.

True, remove Barney and the show might not be worth watching.

I loved the first season but during the second I found it boring until Marshall and Lily's wedding.

I think Alison Hannigan is a vastly underrated actress. She was great in Buffy, good in the American Pie movies, and is one of the best things in this show.

I'm surprised so many people like this show.

Oh, one other thing, Jason Segel is one of the best comic actors around right now, film and TV.