A Comedy Roast

Has anyone watched any of the Celebrity Roasts, on YouTube? I'm just about to go and watch the Richard Pryor Roast.

Seen William Shatner one and Dennis Leary they were good.

Sounds disgusting.

Pam Anderson's was fairly good if you like pussy and boob jokes. Tommy Lee was getting some good ones. Courtney Love was really f**ked up and swearing she was straight. Comedy Central ran it uncensored which was good because too much would have been bleeped out.

Quote: Gavin @ April 17 2008, 9:59 PM BST

Seen William Shatner one and Dennis Leary they were good.

Both those were really funny. I also saw the Pam Anderson one it wasn't bad.
Also check out the spoof roast of Adam Sandler, funny stuff.

Don't shit on the Shat.

He rules, Khan!!!!!

That said his roast was especially fine. They are extra ordinarily nasty aren't they?

I liked the episode of Larry Sanders where he's roasted.

Um, I heard this term in a comedic sense for the first time only the other day. What is a roast?

Apologies for my dumbness in advance.

I think it's where you celebrate someones life by gathering family/friends/Mrs. Smith from no.47. And then tell stories about them and generally take the piss.

Quote: Tuumble @ April 18 2008, 9:55 AM BST

Um, I heard this term in a comedic sense for the first time only the other day. What is a roast?

Apologies for my dumbness in advance.

Depends if you are a) a comedian, b) a chef, or c) a Premiership footballer.

LOL.

In the states you do it for some one's birthday, as a surprise thing sort of.

Standup takes the piss, and so do your friends and family.

Sounds like a charming birthday surprise. :-/

Davina's roast wasn't the best tonight, last series was good especially Sharon Osbourne. Not a good start to the series, think the Americans are better at it, the British can't be mean enough in comparison.

Agreed. Rich Hall was quite good, but the others all looked like naughty school kids, worried they'd get told off for being too rude.

And what was the point of Ed Byrne? Just seemed be there to remind us that he can 'act', thank God, there wasn't many jokes being told.