Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em Page 5

Quote: Tim Azure @ April 12 2013, 2:21 PM BST

Frank Spencer landing in boiling tar? Highly embarrassing.

Michael Crawford going to Margaret Thatcher's funeral? Tops it by miles...

*sings* "We are all bourgeois now...". Is Mick Jagger going as well?

Great show, Michael Crawford was absolutely great in this. Great cast. Just for a perfect show! Anyway it is on this Saturday.

Along with a new edition of The Many Faces Of dedicated to Michael Crawford. :)

Quote: David Smith @ April 17 2013, 9:19 PM BST

Great show, Michael Crawford was absolutely great in this. Great cast. Just for a perfect show! Anyway it is on this Saturday.

Is that a repeat? Cos I'm pretty sure it was on this Wednesday in London.

Yes it is a repeat. Last Saturday it was The Many Faces Of Sid James. Carry On Again Doctor was on before it.

I always thought it looked odd on the opening titles of the early Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em episodes how the titles read "BBC TV Presents..." I have never seen this on any other situation comedy and I think "BBC TV Presents..." was normally only reserved for the titles of sporting events.

I was always impressed that the signature tune, by Ronnie Hazelhurst, was morse code for the show's title. Amazing! A piccolo I believe.

Watched this in my childhood, but now some 30+ years later I find the behaviour of an imbecile excruciating to watch.

No I think we've become more cynical because the egregious nanny state that Labour created has given labels to everyone who's just a bit different, clumsy or awkward. Nowdays Frank wouldn't be allowed to have children or live on his own, which is nuts. Can I just finish by saying ooh Betty. Thank you.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th March 2015, 9:39 AM GMT

No I think we've become more cynical because the egregious nanny state that Labour created has given labels to everyone who's just a bit different, clumsy or awkward. Nowdays Frank wouldn't be allowed to have children or live on his own, which is nuts. Can I just finish by saying ooh Betty. Thank you.

Mind you, I don't think Frank was one of my favourites back in the 70s? Even then he came across as more than a tad simple!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th March 2015, 9:39 AM GMT

Alfred has obviously failed to notice that we've had a Tory-led coalition government for some time now.

On repeat reviewing FS is certainly a simpleton and probably retarded: what the hell did Betty see in him?

Quote: gb901 @ 16th March 2015, 4:12 PM GMT

On repeat reviewing FS is certainly a simpleton and probably retarded: what the hell did Betty see in him?

His heart was in the right place. :P

Quote: gb901 @ 16th March 2015, 4:12 PM GMT

You don't say. It took you repeated viewing?

She's not the brightest either is she though.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th March 2015, 9:45 PM GMT

You don't say. It took you repeated viewing?

She's not the brightest either is she though.

I was only 6 or 7 when I first saw it!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th March 2015, 4:53 PM GMT

His heart was in the right place. :P

Shame his brain wasn't!