Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em Page 3

*shakes first warningly*

;)

Lol I will do it from now on it's because I am on MSN at the same time so I am typing like I do on MSN. :P Look how good I am being now though. Lol.

Quote: aliciaxb @ July 1 2008, 5:59 PM BST

Lol I will do it from now on it's because I am on MSN at the same time so I am typing like I do on MSN. :P Look how good I am being now though. Lol.

Apart from the blooming "Lol's"! Lol. :P

Haha I cant help it I wont do it anymore though.:D I'll be good.

I was aware when watching this on TV how Mr Crawford was often quite shocked after a physical scene.
I wonder how many takes were needed/possible for the stunts?
I can't imagine there being too many run throughs of the roller skating scene!

He was also great in the show Billy Liar at London's Drury Lane during the Mid 70's. My ex-best mates dad was a trombonist in the theatre orchestra so we got free tickets for matinees.

The show was so much more than the roller-skates scene, although that is probably my favourite slapstick moment in any UK comedy of that era, because it was so well choreographed and had so many little jokes built in ("I haven't got any change!" as he gamely clings to the post on the back of the bus, the irony of crashing into a parenting goods shop). Frank was such a charming character, and quite edgy for the 70s because of his apparent Aspergers' or dyslexia and possible homosexual subtext. The way they played with the Mother-In-Law stereotype in season 1 was smart, although Mr. Lewis in season 3 didn't work so well. Other classic moments - getting a job in the employment agency, the camp psychic, "I don't think we should bother with the bad-tempered ones" in the pilot, and the falling-down-the-stairs flashback.

I concur. It's called a series though.

Very good show, on the fringes of my top 20 favourites in all likelyhood. The majority of the episodes were at very good and Crawford was a very good comedy actor, the stunts in particular were very well done.

The movie was 'Condorman' with Oliver Read

Quote: aliciaxb @ July 1 2008, 4:59 PM GMT

Take the Lol's out and I'm sure we can have a good conversation: Whistling nnocently

Quote: Jack Massey @ March 8 2009, 11:20 PM GMT

Take the Lol's out and I'm sure we can have a good conversation: Whistling nnocently

It'll be a slow one if you only talk to each other every 8 months.

Hello Everyone,

Today I am very disappointed, I bought the new box set of the so-called 'complete' Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em, and the scene in Series 3 - Moving House where Frank falls in the tar has been cut, and he no longer has that conversation with Mr Singh (played by Barbar Bhatti, who also appeared in It Ain't Half Hot Mum). Has anyone a transcript of that scene or video clip, does it appear on the previous DVD or VHS set? It really makes me mad because now I am going to have to try and get it through other means some of which may be illegal. :( Why do the BBC keep being racist by removing any non-western actors from its DVDs?

Why?

Jesus, really? That's disgusting.

I just wanted to say I agree that Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em is a fantastic show! I managed to catch an episode over Christmas.

It's quite amazing to think that not even any modern American sitcoms seem to have the budget these days to have stunts as elaborate as they did here.

Having said that it's probably because they could never afford to do it safely. Oh well.

I'm sure that the writer on this show spent a long period in obscurity----before his comedy scripts were accepted----- where he worked as toilet cleaner in his local cinema.I think it may have been Michael Mills who gave this writer a well-deserved break.

The Frank Spencer character was widely-loved: I always remember the

'Oooh, Doggie! Betty done a whoopsie on the carpet!'

variation of this famous line by exuberant schoolkids.