DVD Bargains Page 73

Quote: chipolata @ December 21 2011, 6:45 PM GMT

And the Complete First Season of Glee for £10 - which I think you might enjoy, Oldrocker.

Bought the limited edition box set from the US a few months ago.

It even included the sleeve signed by Matthew, Lea and Jenna !

Well made up !

:D

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 22 2011, 12:08 AM GMT

Bought the limited edition box set from the US a few months ago.

It even included the sleeve signed by Matthew, Lea and Jenna !

Well made up !

Just ordered Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em full box set for £11.04 on Amazon + free delivery

Steptoe & Son box set in Asda £20.

Quote: Oldrocker @ January 15 2012, 9:06 PM GMT

Steptoe & Son box set in Asda £20.

They had quite a few in my Asda. Complete One Foot In The Grave was £20 too.
I picked up Peep Show series 1-7 for £20 there last week.

I've just been browsing through the 'shop' link on this site.

There are links for each product to Amazon, Play and HMV.

And, guess what?

Everything I looked at was the same price in all three!

Maybe I was unlucky or maybe there is a cartel type situation between the major retailers?

Errr

It's not so much a cartel as desperate price matching to attract your custom. They regularly drop and shift prices around, playing catch up with each other.

Just, randomly, searched for Krod Mandoon & The Flaming Sword Of Fire as a title and the prices were very different.

There's lots of bargains on the Network DVD website at the moment:

www.networkdvd.net/comedy

You can get the complete box set of Birds Of A Feather for just £38.60!

Yes, a 40% sale until Friday. My bank account has already suffered greatly. >_<

Sadly they want to charge me £40 postage, even for a small set like Home To Roost :O

Often wonder with a lot of their titles, them seem to be out-of-stock/unavailable on Amazon or take "1 - 3 weeks". Whereas ordering direct they ship almost immediately ?

Quote: Clone @ January 29 2012, 7:50 AM GMT

Sadly they want to charge me £40 postage, even for a small set like Home To Roost :O

That's not really surprising though, given that they are based in the UK and you are in New Zealand! Rolling eyes

Quote: Clone @ January 29 2012, 7:50 AM GMT

Often wonder with a lot of their titles, them seem to be out-of-stock/unavailable on Amazon or take "1 - 3 weeks". Whereas ordering direct they ship almost immediately ?

Their main factory and warehouse was destroyed by fire in the summer, so they're still building up stock and rectifying supply issues with some of their more obscure titles. If you had a problem prior to this, it's not one I've noticed or experienced so could be due to your location and their desire to serve the Region 2 market first.

Thanks for the info.

I ordered before the sale and postage for the 2nd London's Burning set was only £7.85, and another single disc title was £1.80! Looks like they upped it for the sales.

Quote: Oldrocker @ November 23 2011, 12:34 AM GMT

See Amazon product listing
[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/16219006/Cowboys-Series-1/Product.html]
[h=130267]

Worthy of a much, much wider audience.

Why is it £45+ now ?!

WTF happened ?