DVD Bargains Page 2

Thanks for that Dan. Might have a better look around later. Doesn't look particularly wow-ish though. The trouble with the sales on thos sites is that the "discount" is off the RRP and not their normal retail price at the respective shop. Sometimes you can save a couple of pounds, but I've seen stuff go UP in price when put into a 'sale'!

If anyone is interested, Tesco's deal of the day, Starsky and Hutch, Season 1 & 2 boxset, 47 episodes, £25.

http://www.tesco.com/entertainment/product.aspx?R=612984

Morrisons are doing Series 3 of Magnum PI, and Series 3 of The Six Million Dollar Man (6 discs) for £5.97 each

At the time of typing this, Friends complete 30 disc box set in amazon.co.uk is going at whooping ... 18 quid.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Friends-Complete-Disc-Box-Set/dp/B0002WYRSM/ref=sr_1_17/026-7982802-0918807?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1176305812&sr=1-17

I wonder how much time will pass until someone realises this mistake :)
If I had an opportunistic spirit, I'd try my luck at ordering this box set :)

£119.97 now. Even I might have considered it at such a low price!

bump

Play.com are selling the Clerks 2 DVD for £5 at the moment. Couldn't resist it at that price.

Top avatar Esty

I have a home made movie starring myself and a man who shall remain anonymous. (He is dressed up as a rubber tea cup) You can have it for 40p.

Errrr, think I'll spend it on sweeties.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ June 10, 2007, 11:05 PM

Top avatar Esty

Thanks, kidder ;)

Amazon - Goodnight Sweetheart Series 1, £2.97

See Amazon product listing

I know Ricky Gervais thinks Little Britain is the root of all evil, but you can get each series at HMV for £3, which I think is pretty good value. Nighty Nighty is also avaliable at £5 per series, as is Shirley Ghostman.

Quote: chipolata @ January 8, 2008, 10:25 AM

I know Ricky Gervais thinks Little Britain is the root of all evil, but you can get each series at HMV for £3, which I think is pretty good value. Nighty Nighty is also avaliable at £5 per series, as is Shirley Ghostman.

Shirley Ghostman is an absolute bargain at that price as it has the entire series of My New Best Friend as a DVD extra.

The complete series of Little Britain is 100.00 Canadian! That's 50 pounds!
My big complaint with British DVD's is that they are never available in the North American market. I had to convert my DVD player to UK codes, then had to get a new TV (otherwise it would be in black in white) just to watch my Spaced DVD I ordered from Amazon.uk! It won't work any other way thus I am forced to search websites like OV Guide to watch usually poor quality videos. Booooo, being part of the Commonwealth gives us no benefits in the entertainment industry.