Look Around You Page 2

My American version of the first series DVD, featuring commentaries from Tim and Eric, Michael Cera, Simon Pegg and others, has arrived. Having a nose through. It's an amazing show.

Wish there was a place on UK TV for more of this sort of thing. Very specific, experimental, short form comedy. In the same way America has the Adult Swim stuff. Surely an hour, or even half an hour, of, say, late night BBC 4 could be given over to such work..?

Serafinawicz and Popper have made some really funny short 'Look around you' still sketches using library footage on-line, (they are on YouTube, 'Intermission' is one of them). I would love to see a show full off them. Not sure if it could stretch to a whole series, but a one off would be much appreciated. If they could wedge Brian Butterfield in there too, it would probably be my favourite show!

Great show, me and my sister used to watch it for hours. I think the first season was better than the second season because I think 20-minute episodes are too long for a show like this.

I'm watching the DVD of the second series at the moment (well, not at this exact moment because I'm sat here at my laptop, typing...) and I think that it's fantastic. Personally I prefer the second series to the first, but I'll re-rent S1 to check whether my memory serves me right. I think that it's because my parents insisted on watching Tomorrow's World when I was a child and I often thought that a great deal of the content was bizarre to say the least. David Baddiel once said on the original Nick Hancock version of Room 101 that 'Judith Hann's house must be a technical utopia."

The punks eating the piping hot casserole was a classic clip, as was the poor proprietor, Paul Pounds' sad demise which was caused by a 'wasp sting to the anus' and was duly marked with a one second silence. As for Computer Jones and Goldie, well that was really funny.

I'm rambling now; I'll shut up.

I miss Tomorrow's World. :(

Was never fond of Look Around You. Just didn't do anything for me.

Quote: Aaron @ 26th June 2014, 8:48 PM BST

I miss Tomorrow's World Carol Voderman. :(

Didn't the BBC create something TWesque a couple of years ago?

Awwhh, I love LAY. Robert Popper is a God and it's such a shame that the Peter Serafinowicz Show was cancelled after one series.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 26th June 2014, 9:02 PM BST

Didn't the BBC create something TWesque a couple of years ago?

Bang Goes The Theory. It's more popular science than tech though.

Do you remember It'll Never Work? I loved that!

Of course! The Chindogu company is etched on my brain forever. That was so wacky it's beyond spoof though.

I have now watched series one of LAY and it is indeed brilliant. I love the running jokes between both series and yes, it's fantastically surreal. Such a shame that there's no commentary though as I'm geeky enough to listen to such things. :S

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 12th July 2014, 12:22 PM BST

Such a shame that there's no commentary though as I'm geeky enough to listen to such things. :S

It's definitely there. It's in the 'Sound Modes' section...

Quote: Splodge @ 14th July 2014, 7:29 PM BST

It's definitely there. It's in the 'Sound Modes' section...

I shall have a look at my DVD - it'd be great if it was there. The S2 commentary did make me (literally) laugh out loud though, esp PS's comments about the residents of Woolwich.

The little films/extras on S1 make me laugh such as 'Markets of Britain' and 'Birds of Britain' - in fact, my son kept wanting to watch the latter over and over again on YouTube.

Fantastic show this was. Plenty of hilarious one liners.

Thanks ants.

Thants.

Also the series 1 intros were gold. And in addition to this, as has been said before, they are incredibly convincing and like the actual science clips shown in classrooms even today, concerningly enough!

Quote: TheRappingFrenchman @ 1st July 2015, 11:16 AM BST

Fantastic show this was. Plenty of hilarious one liners.

Thanks ants.

Thants.

Also the series 1 intros were gold. And in addition to this, as has been said before, they are incredibly convincing and like the actual science clips shown in classrooms even today, concerningly enough!

They were indeed and so layered that I'm still discovering things even now. I also like Len/Clive Pounds reference from series one to two - the picture of Paul Putner with two earplugs shoved up his nose is fantastic.