Facebook Page 83

I get more wound up by people who just put up shocking images such as babies being hit or animals being abused with no petition. They just want to inform the world that they think it's wrong.

So you think that beating a dancing bear is wrong, do you? Well, I'm glad you let me know, mate, as I was just dusting down my bear beating club for that grizzly in the town square who keeps cocking up his Macarena.

Quote: Ben @ 12th July 2015, 2:00 PM BST

I'm taking a break from Facebook at the minute.

Despite the fact that I would flick through it about 20 times a day it's surprising how quickly I weaned myself off it.

I do wonder what Facebook are going to do next. They're making shedloads of money through advertising at the moment, but what's going to happen with the user interface? Aside from cosmetic changes the Facebook experience hasn't changed much.

I stayed off it for about a year. Didn't miss it but now enjoy being back on it.

Quote: Ben @ 12th July 2015, 6:13 PM BST

I get more wound up by people who just put up shocking images such as babies being hit or animals being abused with no petition. They just want to inform the world that they think it's wrong.

So you think that beating a dancing bear is wrong, do you? Well, I'm glad you let me know, mate, as I was just dusting down my bear beating club for that grizzly in the town square who keeps cocking up his Macarena.

Those sort of things only appear if your friends post them don't they? Unfriend or click the 'I don't want to see this' button thingy.

Quote: keewik @ 4th July 2015, 8:23 PM BST

I'm thinking it would be nice if Facebook banned pictures of (bloody) dogs and babies. But not cats.

Doesn't matter to me. Ignore, scroll past, unfriend, chose not to see those posts in newsfeed. On the other hand, if pictures of cats were banned I would be very happy.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 12th July 2015, 4:02 PM BST

As for me, well my son has ASD and ADHD and his proudest moment this year, according to his school report was "learning how to sharpen his pencil."

If that is true I would be changing schools pronto.

Quote: Loopey @ 12th July 2015, 8:14 PM BST

if pictures of cats were banned I would be very happy.

You beast! The cat Police are coming for you even as I type.

Quote: keewik @ 12th July 2015, 8:17 PM BST

You beast! The cat Police are coming for you even as I type.

Good, they can clear all the cat shit off my grass and take all the cats responsible for it with them.

Quote: Loopey @ 12th July 2015, 8:14 PM BST

I stayed off it for about a year. Didn't miss it but now enjoy being back on it.

Those sort of things only appear if your friends post them don't they? Unfriend or click the 'I don't want to see this' button thingy.

Doesn't matter to me. Ignore, scroll past, unfriend, chose not to see those posts in newsfeed. On the other hand, if pictures of cats were banned I would be very happy.

If that is true I would be changing schools pronto.

Educating him is like shoving an octopus through a Venetian blind at times. We have been urged to attend church regularly to ensure that he gains a place at a CofE school.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 12th July 2015, 4:02 PM BST

The flipping parental boasting on FB gets on my nerves. Examples are "today I was preparing my son for September's 11+ examination and guess what, he's better than me at algebra!"

But how is he at flying planes?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 12th July 2015, 9:59 PM BST

Educating him is like shoving an octopus through a Venetian blind at times. We have been urged to attend church regularly to ensure that he gains a place at a CofE school.

Can't decide if you are being serious. Not about the octopus and blind, I'm sure that's something we've all tried, but about the state of his education.

Quote: Loopey @ 13th July 2015, 10:01 AM BST

Can't decide if you are being serious. Not about the octopus and blind, I'm sure that's something we've all tried, but about the state of his education.

Unfortunately I am :( The issue with having a son with special needs as there really isn't the provision out there. This borough is one of the only ones in London to offer selective grammar school education, but it's totally out of his league. The comprehensives are *huge* and very scary. I worry about his eventual eleven-year-old head getting flushed down the loo on a regular basis.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 13th July 2015, 10:46 AM BST

Unfortunately I am :( The issue with having a son with special needs as there really isn't the provision out there. This borough is one of the only ones in London to offer selective grammar school education, but it's totally out of his league. The comprehensives are *huge* and very scary. I worry about his eventual eleven-year-old head getting flushed down the loo on a regular basis.

Pm'd you.

I'm a bit pissed off with those posts where they say - post this if you have a wonderful father/mother/sister/brother. My poor old parents are dead and I don't have any siblings. I don't want reminded of this.

Quote: keewik @ 28th August 2015, 7:38 PM BST

I'm a bit pissed off with those posts where they say - post this if you have a wonderful father/mother/sister/brother. My poor old parents are dead and I don't have any siblings. I don't want reminded of this.

Today I went to the funeral of a friend whose husband died a short while ago, leaving two lads in their early 20's without parents.
Seeing posts like those you mention may stir up emotions at vulnerable times but if they do something to or for the poster I don't see any harm in them. I scroll past on days like today.

I'm not saying there's any harm in them. Maybe I feel they're a bit smug. For instance, would you post something about how fertile you are, knowing there are a lot of infertile folk who'll read it? And do you need to tell the world constantly how wonderful your relative is? Mostly we all think our nearest and dearest are wonderful. We should tell THEM, not the world of Facebook.

Quote: keewik @ 28th August 2015, 8:51 PM BST

I'm not saying there's any harm in them. Maybe I feel they're a bit smug. For instance, would you post something about how fertile you are, knowing there are a lot of infertile folk who'll read it? And do you need to tell the world constantly how wonderful your relative is? Mostly we all think our nearest and dearest are wonderful. We should tell THEM, not the world of Facebook.

If we were in a room full of friends it's unlikely we would talk to them all about the same thing or in the same way, fb doesn't offer the option to choose. That shouldn't deter us from declaring our love for someone, posting a photo of what we had for lunch, giving our opinion about the latest shooting in America or whatever floats our boat. We accepted each other as fb friends so I trust we understand that and make our own choices about which posts we want to read.

Quote: keewik @ 28th August 2015, 7:38 PM BST

As keewik view me as a brother from another albeit southern mother

Ps
I am also fertile

Complete waste of time as far as I am concerned.............he said hypocritically finding himself on the BCG forum yet again. Whistling nnocently