Facebook Page 82

Quote: zooo @ 28th May 2015, 9:13 AM BST

I bet when phones were invented you were there saying yuck, I'd prefer they came round for a proper chat. :P

I did.

Two cans on the end of a piece of string were alright.

Both people were in the same room.

But after that point it all got totally ridiculous in my opinion. :P

I'm thinking it would be nice if Facebook banned pictures of (bloody) dogs and babies. But not cats.

Angry

A Facebook friend of mine just replied to a group they are a member of, obviously unaware of the fact that her comment has been added to her newsfeed, in which she details personal details about how she's lost her labido in the bedroom, etc.

Awkward.

Oh god.

Everything I ever say on Facebook I assume it's potentially going to be posted to everyone's wall with sirens and flashing lights around it. (Cos knowing them, they will implement that as a new feature overnight and automatically sign you up for it.)

I hate Facebook.

I'm taking a break from Facebook at the minute.

Despite the fact that I would flick through it about 20 times a day it's surprising how quickly I weaned myself off it.

I do wonder what Facebook are going to do next. They're making shedloads of money through advertising at the moment, but what's going to happen with the user interface? Aside from cosmetic changes the Facebook experience hasn't changed much.

Quote: zooo @ 4th July 2015, 11:14 PM BST

Angry

I've just realised I totally misunderstood what Keewik said.

The flipping parental boasting on FB gets on my nerves. Examples are "today I was preparing my son for September's 11+ examination and guess what, he's better than me at algebra!"

As for me, well my son has ASD and ADHD and his proudest moment this year, according to his school report was "learning how to sharpen his pencil."

Ha. Your one sounds much cuter.
Bloody precocious brats.

I sharpened my pencil only today and was quite proud to get all the shavings in the bin.

Quote: zooo @ 12th July 2015, 4:06 PM BST

Ha. Your one sounds much cuter.
Bloody precocious brats.

I sharpened my pencil only today and was quite proud to get all the shavings in the bin.

They seem to be like that around here anyway!

I used to love using the mechanical sharpeners at school and one of my main ambitions is to visit the Cumberland Pencil Museum.

Is that for pencils that go round in a circle?

Quote: zooo @ 12th July 2015, 4:13 PM BST

Is that for pencils that go round in a circle?

The bendy ones probably can. It's better than Wimpy's 'Bender In A Bun'.

Quote: zooo @ 12th July 2015, 2:01 PM BST

I've just realised I totally misunderstood what Keewik said.

I assumed you were reacting to the dogs and babies. :D

:D

For some reason I thought you were talking about those endless pics of 'bloody' (as in literally) abused dogs people keep posting to get us to sign animal rights petitions etc.

I've unfollowed lovely Ricky Gervais on Twitter cos he won't blimmin' quit with the dead animal photos.

(I can see why some people think others need to be shocked into signing the petitions, I just don't need the visuals.)

Speaking of pencils, I hated those ones at school that were made from soft wood. I'm not sure what they were actually made from but they were awful and felt very unsatisfying to sharpen!