Misheard Song Lyrics Page 3

Quote: bushbaby @ February 13, 2008, 2:57 PM

maisydotes and dosydotes and lidlelamsiedivy
that should have been

#Mares eat oats and Does eat oats and little Lambs eat ivy#

I know, that's going back to the 40s!!!

Yeah it defo sounded like maisydotes and I would still have thought that those were the lyrics if you hadn't put us right bushbaby Rolling eyes

Laughing out loud and first prize goes to catskillz for Those Bastards! Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: ian_w @ February 15, 2008, 7:47 PM

Do you mean JX 'God Damn Son of a Gun'?

I don't know. It was on a Ministry of Sound CD a long time ago... That's all I remember...

I used to sing I eat cannonballs instead of cannibal Whistling nnocently

Quote: Noel McGran @ February 14, 2008, 5:21 AM

Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze

"'scuse me while I kiss this guy"

Mmm, and on "Vooodoo Child" I think he says "I'm a blue trout!" instead of "I'm a voodoo child."

Well I obviously finally empathise with my parents who used to say "You can't hear the words!"

We have that wonderful station Heart on at at work and I can't understand what George Ezra is singing about or that girl who sings "All rabbit, rabbit, no trouble, all rabbit, rabbit, no trouble."

There's a song I keep hearing on the car radio which seems to be about a satnav, but that can't be right, can it? I meant to Google it today but unfortunately I can't remember the chorus.

Do the dum de dum bit and we'll see if we can recognise it.

If I could remember the tune, I'd remember the lyrics (or what I thought they were). Next time I'll stop the car and write it down.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th January 2015, 10:17 PM GMT

Well I obviously finally empathise with my parents who used to say "You can't hear the words!"

We have that wonderful station Heart on at at work and I can't understand what George Ezra is singing about or that girl who sings "All rabbit, rabbit, no trouble, all rabbit, rabbit, no trouble."

Are you sure that's not Chas and Dave ?

Quote: Oldrocker @ 14th January 2015, 12:00 AM GMT

Are you sure that's not Chas and Dave ?

:D

Michael Jackson - it always sounds to me like "'cos it's a Phyllis Diller night"

Quote: keewik @ 13th January 2015, 10:30 PM GMT

There's a song I keep hearing on the car radio which seems to be about a satnav, but that can't be right, can it? I meant to Google it today but unfortunately I can't remember the chorus.

Got it!
"Ooh ooh ooh Miss Grace
Satin and perfume and lace
The minute I saw your face
I knew that I loved you"
I thought the second line was 'Satnav the human race' which sounded a bit sci-fi.

I think this is it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEwfN7YNFr8

Quote: keewik @ 20th January 2015, 10:46 AM GMT

Got it!
"Ooh ooh ooh Miss Grace
Satin and perfume and lace
The minute I saw your face
I knew that I loved you"
I thought the second line was 'Satnav the human race' which sounded a bit sci-fi.

Laughing out loud

That beats Ground Control to Major Tom.

The Moody Blues' Tuesday Afternoon contains the line -

So gently swaying through the fairyland of love

which I always heard as -

So gently swaying through the ferret and the dove...