Who do you fancy? Page 1,206

Brough, Lenny the Lion was Terry Hall's

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th April 2015, 9:22 PM BST

Brough, Lenny the Lion was Terry Hall's

Before he formed the Fun Boy Three.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th April 2015, 9:34 PM BST

Before he formed the Fun Boy Three.

You have got to admit that they were two fantastic puppets.

Peter Brough, a vent act on the wireless.He must have had a good agent.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 15th April 2015, 12:22 AM BST

Peter Brough, a vent act on the wireless.He must have had a good agent.

But it was a springboard for many great comics.

Very True .Many artistes of ka-lye-ber.

Quote: Tursiops @ 14th April 2015, 11:41 PM BST

You have got to admit that they were two fantastic puppets.

Maybe but Brough was a terrible vent. Bloody awful in fact.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th April 2015, 9:31 AM BST

Maybe but Brough was a terrible vent. Bloody awful in fact.

Perhaps.

But tbh the Labour Party would have been different had he ever succeeded in becoming its leader.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th April 2015, 10:26 AM BST

Perhaps.

But tbh the Labour Party would have been different had he ever succeeded in becoming its leader.

No perhaps about it, he admitted himself that he was not very good and even at one point filed a v-shaped gap in his top teeth to see if that would improve his "skill". It didn't.

As for your second bit - WTF!?

Quote: Chappers @ 14th April 2015, 9:08 PM BST

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lift_Off_with_Ayshea

She was married to ventriloquist Peter Brough whose puppet was Archie Andrews (or was it Lenny the Lion?)

No wonder I was confused. There is no way Ayshea was married to Peter Brough. He was born in 1916. She was born in 1948. The bloke she married was Cat Stevens's producer - Chris Brough.

Incidentally, THIS is Ayshea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMSOb7FoTik

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th April 2015, 12:00 PM BST

No wonder I was confused. There is no way Ayshea was married to Peter Brough. He was born in 1916. She was born in 1948. The bloke she married was Cat Stevens's producer - Chris Brough.

Incidentally, THIS is Ayshea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMSOb7FoTik

Sorry! I knew what I meant. He was Peter's son.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th April 2015, 10:50 PM BST

Sorry! I knew what I meant. He was Peter's son.

Oh right. I didn't know.

An extraordinary history. She was one of the very first women of Asian origin to be really big on TV. Presented "Lift Off" and starred in both "Jason King" and "UFO". After being romantically linked with Steve Winwood, Chas Chandler and Rod Stewart, she married Brough. Following the divorce, was engaged to Roy Wood. Married a bloke from "Jesus Christ Superstar" and later CBS president, Michael I Levy. For many years, was a well known Beverly Hills socialite and ran a property development and interior design business. Then in 2000, she moved back to the UK to be close to her mother, Rose.

The music history is wacky. If that Roy Wood song I included isn't bizarre in itself - how does she actually feature in it? - there is "Eeny Meeny" (1965), "Mister White's White Flying Machine" which she recorded with The Syn (1970), "Who's Gonna Rescue Jesus?" (1970) which I would love to hear sometime on the basis of the title alone, and "The Flowers Will Never Die" (1975) which was written by Elton John and performed by her for Great Britain at the World Song Festival (Tokyo). She's now 66.

Here's Eeny Meeny and some great pictures - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hg8tc4i_Po :)

Quote: A Horseradish @ 15th April 2015, 11:04 PM BST

Oh right. I didn't know.

An extraordinary history. She was one of the very first women of Asian origin to be really big on TV. Presented "Lift Off" and starred in both "Jason King" and "UFO". After being romantically linked with Steve Winwood, Chas Chandler and Rod Stewart, she married Brough. Following the divorce, was engaged to Roy Wood. Married a bloke from "Jesus Christ Superstar" and later CBS president, Michael I Levy. For many years, was a well known Beverly Hills socialite and ran a property development and interior design business. Then in 2000, she moved back to the UK to be close to her mother, Rose.

I remember reading up on Wikipedia about her too.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th April 2015, 11:22 PM BST

I remember reading up on Wikipedia about her too.

Geek Geek Geek Geek Geek

zooo thought he might look quite fetching in a basque, so..........just for you zooo. :)

(Not sure about the shades though Laughing out loud )