Doctor Who... Page 3

This is actually the official Doctor Who thread. That other ones a feeble imposter.

Like Peter Cushing.

Like Go Bots are to Transformers.

As the programme is called DOCTOR WHO and not DR WHO, maybe this thread is the imposter.

Quote: Bad dog @ May 8 2008, 5:05 PM BST

As the programme is called DOCTOR WHO and not DR WHO, maybe this thread is the imposter.

I'm sure it always used to be called Dr Who (although then of course Torchwood would have been called Hodwr)

In the royal household it's known as Dr. Whom.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 8 2008, 7:51 PM BST

I'm sure it always used to be called Dr Who (although then of course Torchwood would have been called Hodwr)

That was actually quite funny for you, Dave, maybe there's hope for you yet.

As for Peter Cushing as Who, I quite liked the two movie versions, especially the one with the post-apocalyptic London. I much prefer that apolyptic vision of London than the umpteen or so Russel "Teabagger" Davies has served up to us in the new kiddie-friendly show.

They were both good underrated movies. As was that strange TV movie with Paul McGann in set in America.

I agree it was terrible mishmash, but I liked the brooding intensity of McGann. And I quite like Eric Roberts as well.

Quote: Griff @ May 9 2008, 10:12 AM BST

Nah, the McGann movie was terrible. (McGann was good.) Sixty minutes of car chases, gangland shootings, appalling acting from the supporting cast and then suddenly an incomprehensible bit of gibberish about the Eye Of Harmony etc shoehorned into the final scenes. And Eric Roberts as the Master ? Nearly as bad as John Simm.

Have you lost your tiny mind? :)

John Simm is awesome as The Master!

Well, I like a character who has some depth, and isn't just a cartoon with a silly beard.

The old ones are scary, I agree. But I think overall Simm was the best.

Simm was scary in 'I may not look dangerous but I f**king am' kind of way - like the Sultanas last week.

Roger Delgado was the best master, he was a quite superb actor. It's said Jon Pertwee got jealous of the amount of fan mail that Roger received, which is quite believable.

Quote: zooo @ May 9 2008, 5:51 PM BST

Well, I like a character who has some depth, and isn't just a cartoon with a silly beard.

The old ones are scary, I agree. But I think overall Simm was the best.

Would have been great to have seen a bit more of Jacobi, though. That moment when he changes from kindly Professor to mass murderer is stunning.

Quote: Graham Bandage @ May 9 2008, 5:56 PM BST

Would have been great to have seen a bit more of Jacobi, though. That moment when he changes from kindly Professor to mass murderer is stunning.

Yes, absolutely. How about if Yana had started out as Simm and then regenerated into Jacobi!