Doctor Who... Page 1,102

I think the idea is if the Dr has a whole army of Cybermen he'll go out and try and save the universe by force. He will eventually be compromised and turn into the Master.

or the script was so crippled by; the need for meme friendly dialogue, trailer friendly scenes and a massive sense of inferfiority. That they were just left with everyone in a poorly lit grave yard with cybermen and nowhere to go.

nb Osgood interests me; great character, so she's got glasses, a big scarf, bow tie and funny shirt. She's a bit awkward but nice and loves the Dr.
She's absolutely the stereotypical Dr Who fan, mixed with all the symbols of old Who.
Moffatt then writes about her being killed as horribly as possible, I wonder what he's trying to say?

I don't know, but the Daleks will demolish a Comic Con next season.

In other news, there's to be a female writer next year.

iBlake's Seven once had an episode written by Tanith Lee. Moffatt will probably hire Susan Nickson.

Quote: Tursiops @ 25th November 2014, 11:17 PM GMT

iBlake's Seven once had an episode written by Tanith Lee. Moffatt will probably hire Susan Nickson.

Not if Tim Walker has anything to say about it.

Is Tim Walker the preferred female writer then?

Have they introduced a block feature onto the forum yet?

Just wondering why Tim Walker would care which female writer gets hired.

Caitlin Moran may be a good choice.

Been watching The Vengeance of Varos on Drama. Fun script by Philip Martin of Gangsters fame, cynical and nasty throughout, including Colin Baker's Doctor throwing a couple of heavies into an acid bath with the Bondesque parting shot, "Excuse me if I don't join you'.

It's a stinker, but I saw Frontios allegedly one of the worst and it wasn't all bad.

Quote: sootyj @ 7th December 2014, 10:12 PM GMT

Frontios allegedly one of the worst

Eh? It's not ranked up with the all-time classics. but Frontios has always had a decent reputation. And despite Ron Jones' pedestrian direction (and the lack of vengeance), Varos is brilliant. Owen Teale's first telly too, IIRC.

Radiation you haven't made that awful mistake of thinking an obsessively, detailed fascination with Who is cool?

Because you know.....it isn't.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 28th November 2014, 3:28 PM GMT

Just wondering why Tim Walker would care which female writer gets hired.

Laughing out loud

You had to be here.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 12th November 2014, 11:34 PM GMT

That episode was dreadful
Enough now Moffat.

I tried to like the series but
The Moon's an Egg
The Brigadier's corpse is now a Cyberman
Russell Crowe is an Actual Crow
. I thought Russell T Davis was doing it badly at the time
In comparison the man was a genius

Welcome, Steve.

Quote: sootyj @ 8th December 2014, 1:31 PM GMT

Radiation you haven't made that awful mistake of thinking an obsessively, detailed fascination with Who is cool?

Because you know.....it isn't.

Have had said obsessive facination for 26 years, and was aware it wasn't cool, erm, 26 years ago - but thanks for checking on me! ;)

Quote: sootyj @ 7th December 2014, 10:12 PM GMT

It's a stinker, but I saw Frontios allegedly one of the worst and it wasn't all bad.

I love this parallel universe of 'who appreciation' that you inhabit Sooty. Frontios is highly regarded in fandom and is very far from being considered 'one of the worst', although I've never much liked it.

Similarly Vengeance on Varos was voted story of the season by Dr. Who Monthly when it was broadcast - the magazine being the primary fan resource in pre-internet days. It was later voted the best, or joint-best Colin Baker story along with Revelation of the Daleks. You may not like it, but 'a stinker' it isn't.

If it's dross you're after, you want The Twin Dilemma, which was an embarrassment when it was broadcast which is not true of any other story I'm aware of.