Doctor Who... Page 1,101

The Old Who ones looked terrible, with stockings on their heads and silver jumpsuits.

But, they were menacing and effectively used and probably amongst the most effective villains.

Where as the new ones no matter how much they redesign them are just silly. And this lot had awful voices to boot.

I quite like them in the original Tenant stories as well.

Quote: zooo @ 9th November 2014, 3:31 PM GMT

Which parts looked shit?

You know, I genuinely never worry about the look of the thing.
It'll never look like "Inception" - and as one who remembers the wobbly walls and cardboard corridors of old - it's never that bad.
The writing, however, creaks more than any of those old sets did.

Having recently watched some old episodes I find the over use of musical sounds very grating.

Quote: sootyj @ 9th November 2014, 3:54 PM GMT

The Old Who ones looked terrible, with stockings on their heads and silver jumpsuits.

But, they were menacing and effectively used and probably amongst the most effective villains.

Yes, the old ones are strangely sinister.

And John Simm's version of the master was scary and menacing, whilst barely actually killing anyone.
He was smart, crazy and just in charge.
Where as Missy was sadistic and actually had to kill a popular character to be even slightly taken seriously.

She was very good though. I loved Simm, but I really enjoyed her version too. The Mary Poppins umbrella thing was amazing! And she did have a vulnerable moment at the end, so she wasn't 100% evil.

That episode was dreadful
Enough now Moffat.

I tried to like the series but
The Moon's an Egg
The Brigadier's corpse is now a Cyberman
Russell Crowe is an Actual Crow
. I thought Russell T Davis was doing it badly at the time
In comparison the man was a genius

I have caught up with the final four episodes.

One of them was really, really good. It was called Flatline. It was written by the guy who wrote the surprisingly decent Orient Express episode. Well done BBC, you have found a writer who has an idea of how to write self contained Sci Fi.

The other three episodes I watched were bilge. And then Santa turned up, to remind me that Christmas episodes are usually even worse.

Quote: Badge @ 13th November 2014, 1:16 AM GMT

And then Santa turned up, to remind me that Christmas episodes are usually even worse.

Can't tell you how much I'm dreading that one.

But we'll all still watch it.

I thought Dr Who was supposed to be a sci fi series, not a weepie. All the romance guff takes up far too much time. There was virtually no romance in Old Who, and it was all the better for it.

True but in it's only way maybe old Who was just a little to sexless, a little frison isn't bad.

But these days it's like flipping Holly Oaks.

Mobis working on the Tardis were not great and what must their phone bills be like

Quote: sootyj @ 13th November 2014, 6:31 PM GMT

But these days it's like flipping Holly Oaks.

Quite.

Can anyone explain why the Master/Mistress gave the army to the Doctor? I realise there was the whole 'bad Doctor' thing they were trying to push, but I think in general it's illogical to provide your enemy with the means by which to defeat you.

She wanted to be bezzie mates again.

Quote: zooo @ 13th November 2014, 9:07 PM GMT

She wanted to be bezzie mates again.

I didn't think we were supposed to take that seriously.