Doctor Who... Page 1,100

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 26th October 2014, 6:27 PM GMT

In the Forest of the Night - Sadly probably more Wimoweh than Auguries of Innocence.

What wrong with being Wimoweh?

Quote: sootyj @ 2nd November 2014, 1:54 PM GMT

SPOILER

I mean that's 2 new versions of the Master in New Who, I think one was sort of ok.

But both missed the point. The Master was I believe one of 3 new long lasting characters especially introduced for Pertwee with the aim of them being long lasting additions.

Quite a simple character, an evil Time lord, who was senior to and generally smarter than the Doctor. But who's arrogance and evil let him get outsmarted by the Doctor.
And he would be played by Antony Delgano.

Dead simple easily one of the most popular villains.

And now replaced, by another hysterical incarnation of pure evil.

Just invent a new evil Time Lord, I mean they even did it with Pierce Brosnans rather good evil president.

I can't work out if the gaffes in this post are genuine, but assuming they are I'll helpfully correct them for you (ain't I sweet?!) - 'Antony Delgano' appears to be a weird combo of the two (proper) classic series Masters - Roger Delgado and Anthony Ainley - and the evil Time Lord (played by a different former Bond) wasn't a new character...it was feckin' Rassilon!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 2nd November 2014, 1:53 PM GMT

I think they probably knew that as well

I thought it was a relatively decent episode
Moffat does part 1's of 2 parters quite well.

It's when it has to be resolved that it goes pear shaped

Did you guys not watch the "Doctor Who - Extra" on the red button?

Well the final episode kept me entertained for 45 minutes, but I don't think it was as good as previous years. Also, I'm not entirely sure there was a plot. Huh?

if there was a plot Moffatt did not feel it necessary to explain it to anyone else.

I liked the nod to the Brigadier, and Michele Gomez and Chris Addison were fun.

But nothing is consistent and nothing makes sense, which makes if difficult to feel any sense of peril, or to care about the laid-on-with-a-trowel emotional dilemmas of the protagonists.

One minute the Cybermen pollenate by blowing up, threatening life on Earth, the next minute they just blow up and save the Earth. Made no sense.

The last ep was one of the most enjoyable of the series, I thought.

I'm hoping Danny is properly dead, The Master isn't, and that they can somehow bring lovely Osgood back, although I doubt they will. :(

On the subject of Osgood, why whenever you want to portray a clever person do you have to put glasses on them? It's a stereotype which should not be allowed. I'm going to call the BBC immediately and complain. :)

Lol, but I wear glasses, so it is patently true!

Yes, but are they as big as Osgood's? The bigger they are, the more clever/geeky the person it seems. Geek

True, hers are massive. Plus she has a bowtie. She wins.

Did the script meeting go

"this is going to look shit and make no sense"

"but what if it looks shit and makes no sense on a plane!"

"throw in sanjay baskhar and you've got a deal!"

Which parts looked shit?

I thought all the graveyard stuff especially looked great.

That aeroplane looked like a ropy set especially when it was shaking about.

And cybermen doing aerobics in daylight, was like a piss taking skit.

The cybermen do always look a bit poo.