The Royle Family! Page 4

Are they doing a Christmas special this year?

Given Caroline Aherne's current state, I doubt it. Added to the fact that these things are usually in the can by now.

The header would usually be the most reliable source if it was returning. :)

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 2nd August 2014, 7:52 AM BST

Added to the fact that these things are usually in the can by now.

Sometimes, but not usually.

The most recent 2 or 3 specials weren't filmed until October/November time, IIRC.

But yeah, still can't imagine there being any more at all, they seem done with it. Hopefully Caroline gets well soon, of course!

Sorry, I got distracted by something, I can't think what... Sick

Sue Johnston was on Lorraine this morning and she said The Royle Family could come back at anytime if Craig and Caroline get a good idea. So it might return.

When was Sue On Lorraine Gaz, and I would love it to come back on telly.

Would be interesting to see Sue on Lorraine.

Quote: george roper @ 13th November 2014, 11:14 AM GMT

When was Sue On Lorraine Gaz, and I would love it to come back on telly.

29th October?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 13th November 2014, 5:38 PM GMT

29th October?

Correct Gaz.She was on it then. She was talking her in Downton and they started talking about Royle Family and Corrie

Generally I thought it was excellent, down to its subtle and understated humour. Great characters, well acted by top notch thesps like Sue Johnston and Ricky Tomlinson. For those who remember hyper intense 80s Scouse soap Brookside it was nice seeing these two in comedic roles.

Well as you say they acted it brilliantly and realistically. It was the situations that were funny most of the time.

It got rather how you say opposite to the original series the later episodes.

Quote: Gazzo @ 14th November 2014, 10:43 PM GMT

It got rather how you say opposite to the original series the later episodes.

Hopefully I don't like this, Gazzo...

I once joked on YouTube that The Royle Family was 'reality TV'. People didn't get the irony and replied "no it's a comedy". It's life for a lot of people - nothing much happens.