The Royle Family! Page 2

Over Rated Crap, Never liked it, tell me Walker and Theox1971, what drugs have you been taking this week. It's a hilarious show, but I have to say, the final episode, The Queen of Sheba, was a bit crap.

I think you’ve all lost it, it’s the best thing ever I’ve seen the Queen of Sheba about half a dozen times and it just keep getting better, mind you I’m obsessed.

I just don't like the fact that people call it unique and hilarious, and then say that they know people just like that. Everyone knows people like that.How is that unique? I can watch people I know anytime I like. I don't need 'em on the telly.

BTW - I'm on dandelion and burdock. And heroin.

It was so cleverly written ox. It just made me laugh - that's the important thing - and obviously millions of others.

It's all subjective. I cannot understand why anyone laughs at Friends - it's so artificially calculated.

To be honest, it's not the programme that annoys me, it's the almost universal praise that it recieved from the press. At best, in my view, the show was OK.
You're right about Friends, though. It was a show for people who didn't have any.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 21, 2007, 8:39 PM

It was so cleverly written ox. It just made me laugh - that's the important thing - and obviously millions of others.

It's all subjective. I cannot understand why anyone laughs at Friends - it's so artificially calculated.

David I could kiss you ………but I won’t

I like Royle Family and Friends. If you don't like Friends then fair enough, but to try and insult the people that do, it makes you look about as funny as Peter Cook.

Thanks very much!

Quote: theox1971 @ May 21, 2007, 8:50 PM

You're right about Friends, though. It was a show for people who didn't have any.

Why don't I like it then?

I'll be your friend, Mr Chapman.
Anyone who doesn't like Friends is a friend of mine.

Aw thanks.

Trouble is I don't know anything about you. You could be a psychopathic axe wielding maniac.

Or you might not have anything at all in common with me.

A different Peter Cook, ;)

I think it depends on whether you look at The Royle Family as an out-and-out sitcom or something else. I wasn't a huge fan of the original series myself - though I could appreciate how well it was done - but when it came to The Queen of Sheba I thought it was the best bit of telly all year, never mind the best comedy. Shame it didn't get the acting honours it deserved as well.

Quote: theox1971 @ May 21, 2007, 7:31 PM

BTW - I'm on dandelion and burdock. And heroin.

Could you get me some.

Much like Theox it was the hype it got. I didn't watch it when it first started, but given the hype i watched. I enjoyed it at first ... you know, the theme tune "Half The World Away" by Oasis, i loved that part. Then it started. I never laughed once. I don't get what is so "clever" about it. You could probably go into any home in Manchester and film something similar spontaneously. Quite frankly, if i have ever laughed at Coronation Street, or a documentry on grass growing, i'd laugh at this. Sadly, i don't, and have seen funnier things in my sock draw. Like it if you want, but much like i did with Peter Kay, people around me love it, and i loave it.