OTWAY

I'm off to see the two-hit wonder tomorrow night.

Everyone should see perform when he's in town.

Lee Otway?
Tiny blonde foxlet who used to be in Hollyoaks?

Probably not.

I saw Adam Ant recently. And The Amateur Transplants before that.

Hardcore.

\m/

John Otway!

Cor Baby That's Really Free & Bunsen Burner - his 2 hits 25 years apart.

far out!

Love John Otway! :-)

Well it was funny and chaotic as usual.

He played his 2 hits plus Crazy Horses, Delilah and You Aint Seen Nothing Yet with him - as usual jumping off the step ladder. Cor Baby involved him summersaulting across stage still playing his guitar and the second to last song where he used 3 mikes and got completely tangled up with the wires,

A normal John Otway gig. You have to be there really!

Quote: David Chapman @ October 13, 2007, 12:50 AM

Delilah

By Plain White Tees? I love that song :) *starts plucking his guitar. Social services arrive and take guitaar into care :(*

No - it's actually his Weetabix advert version of Tom Jones' song.

"I felt the spoon in my hand and she laughed no more".

The spoon actually broke in half tonight.

Never heard of him. I had to wiki him.
He's from my manor!
Who knew.

Don't think I've ever heard of him either. Couldn't even be bothered to Wikinate. Aylesbury massive though. Word.

He's brilliant! A true British eccentric and treasure.

Go to his MySpace and listen. Apart from the looney stuff there's some quite tender love songs.

He was on Old Grey Whistle Test 30 odd years ago, jumped on the drum or amp and fell over. It doesn't sound funny now but it was hilarious.

MySpace makes me feel dirty inside.

Is that a bad thing?

Myspace makes me feel old. It's something about everyone putting "I'm individual", when the page is completely identical to the last fifty.

Quote: David Chapman @ October 13, 2007, 2:56 PM

He was on Old Grey Whistle Test 30 odd years ago, jumped on the drum or amp and fell over. It doesn't sound funny now but it was hilarious.

If that clip is on youtube, I will definitely watch it.