Shooting Stars Page 5

The documentary was nothing of the sort.

I suppose not. It was exactly what I expected though, so I didn't really notice.

But it was supposed to be a documentary! Supposedly.

Well, according to the TV guides maybe. But that's not Vic and Bob's fault!

God, I miss Vic & Bob being on the gogglebox.

I've not seen the documentary yet, but it's got to be funnier than watching City being mugged by Aston Villa! Lovey

The episode was good, bit rusty in places but I suppose that was to be expected. It was just nice to have Vic and Bob back together again.

The documentary was better than the actual episode I thought, simply for the character bits, the new ones as well as the reprisal of some characters from Bang Bang/Smells Of...

I wish the BBC would give Vic and Bob a new format like that rather than Shooting Stars.

It was very funny and I hope it gets another long run.

I miss Mark Lammarr.

It was good. I hope it comes back for a full run or they come back in another form. The end challenge was hilarious.

Haven't watched the Docu yet, can't wait. I love em.

Quote: Aaron @ December 30 2008, 11:22 PM GMT

But it was supposed to be a documentary! Supposedly.

It provided all the salient information in an amusing format.

What's not to like?

What's not to like? That there was often no way of telling what was spoof and what was real. It should never have been promoted as a documentary, but a spoof behind-the-scenes exposé.

Soon we will have a ministry of comedy to judge and categorise all humor.

Quote: Aaron @ December 31 2008, 10:06 AM GMT

What's not to like? That there was often no way of telling what was spoof and what was real. It should never have been promoted as a documentary, but a spoof behind-the-scenes exposé.

I think anyone familiar with Vic and Bobs work would have known what to expect and which bits were spoofy. I would imagine there would be very few people watching who had never really watched the actual show.

I enjoyed the "faux" documentary, but the new show leads me to hoping they don't do any more . . .

And . . . what's happened to Ulrika?.
I don't follow the showbiz gossip, but has she had some work done?
The moody lighting in the documentary made it look like she was wearing an "I'm an alien" Star Trek prosthetic on the bridge of her nose, and her make-up in the new show looked like she'd been shot in the face with Homer's make-up application gun . . .

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 31 2008, 11:26 AM GMT

I think anyone familiar with Vic and Bobs work would have known what to expect and which bits were spoofy.

Perhaps so. Still shouldn't have been publicised as a documentary though. It was only mildly more factual than Spinal Tap.

I want them to get a new show, but not Shooting Stars.

Last night showed that they still have it, they can still write and still have chemistry when performing together, this showed in their character bits in the documentary and on Shooting Stars.

However the guests were massively shit on the Shooting Stars special, either too self-aware or just plain dull. If they do get the chance for another series of SS the guest booker needs to find people less knowledgeble of the show.

Also Jack Dee didn't work as the captain. The thing that made Lamaar and Self great is that you couldn't tell when they were jokingly playing the irritated captain or genuinely pissed off. They also took shots at Vic and Bob. Dee didn't do this, he played his more usual, 'can't be arsed' persona.

But yeah, Vic and Bob still have it and I hope the BBC give them a new show with a format similar to Smells Of/Bang Bang.