Top Trump Page 2

Quote: zooo @ 27th May 2016, 3:02 PM BST

When Trump has access to the nuclear launch buttons, and the tendency to have some childish disagreement with the leader of Korea or Iraq that will probably end with him telling them their wives are fat and ugly, it kind of affects us all!

As if Trump (or any other president) is going to start a nuclear war..

Politicians and pundits have almost succeeded in polarizing voters to the extent that every liberal thinks that every conservative is a Bible-thumping racist, misogynist who wants to kill brown babies, while every conservative thinks liberals are white-hating Islamophiles who want to kill unborn babies. It's foolish and simplistic and it plays right into their hands. Instead of having to answer tough questions about the economy and national security, they keep people occupied with the latest soundbite about trivial matters.

Let's remember that Trump's opponent will be someone who made $200 million in personal income after her husband left the White House and has brought in billions of dollars in donations -- many of them from foreign nations and big businesses. Is all that money being showered upon them because people like them? Or is because the donors expect political favors in return?

Quote: DaButt @ 27th May 2016, 3:44 PM BST

As if Trump (or any other president) is going to start a nuclear war..

He won't have any choice if he keeps running off his mouth like a ranting five year old. It'll be started for him.

Politicians and pundits have almost succeeded in polarizing voters to the extent that every liberal thinks that every conservative is a Bible-thumping racist, misogynist who wants to kill brown babies

I only think that about Trump. Because those are pretty much the exact words out of his dumb mouth.

None of the choices you've got are great. But you just can't go from Obama to him, it's so upsetting.

Obama came across like someone who genuinely cares about people. I'm sure there's a ton of stuff he did badly that I wouldn't know about (not being American) but he made big steps forward on things I care about, like gay rights, womens rights, trans rights, all that sort of shiz. So to go from that to a man who comes across as the kind of c**t who regularly makes gay/trans jokes to his pals and is generally a piece of hateful, racist shit, it's just so depressing. It feels like your country is taking massive steps back into the stone age, and that makes me sad because I really do like America (and most Americans).

Quote: zooo @ 27th May 2016, 4:42 PM BST

I only think that about Trump. Because those are pretty much the exact words out of his dumb mouth.

But the thing is, they're not. Saying that Mexican criminals have made their way to the United States doesn't make him a racist; it's a fact. And making jokes about menstruation doesn't make him a misogynist. It's crude, but not misogyny.

Donald Trump has made a career out of saying outlandish things. He's a serial self-promoter. But his presidency wouldn't be anything like that. He was a Democrat most of his life and he's given lots of money to Democratic Party candidates over the years. He's on the record as being pro-gun control and is quite liberal in many of his beliefs. There might not be a noticeable difference between an Obama presidency and a Trump presidency, other than the fact that he'd be a white male and the press would actually challenge and object to his actions.

But you just can't go from Obama to him, it's so upsetting.

As I said, the change will be minor at best. This country runs best when it doesn't allow a single party to occupy the White House for more than 8 years at a time. Course corrections are a good thing.

So to go from that to a man who comes across as the kind of c**t who regularly makes gay/trans jokes to his pals and is generally a piece of hateful, racist shit, it's just so depressing. It feels like your country is taking massive steps back into the stone age

You drank the Kool-Aid that's been carefully prepared by the political establishment. They paint every single Republican candidate with the same brush of misogyny, racism, hatefulness and greed. If you choose to believe that a full 50% of Americans are racists and misogynists (and that includes women) then go right ahead, but you're wrong. Trump is a world class jerk, but don't think for a second that Ted Cruz wouldn't be receiving the same treatment in the press had he won the nomination.

The other guy will always be the bogeyman in the eyes of those who partake of partisan politics.

If you really think Trump has just had some bad press and is really a swell guy, then that's fine. I know you said you're planning to vote for him so I guess you'd have to believe that to tick that box.

I will be sticking with my opinion that he's a hateful racist who doesn't respect or care about anyone who isn't exactly like him. Unless he decides to start saying things that prove otherwise. But I won't be holding my breath!

Quote: zooo @ 27th May 2016, 6:04 PM BST

If you really think Trump has just had some bad press and is really a swell guy, then that's fine. I know you said you're planning to vote for him so I guess you'd have to believe that to tick that box.

I will be sticking with my opinion that he's a hateful racist who doesn't respect or care about anyone who isn't exactly like him. Unless he decides to start saying things that prove otherwise. But I won't be holding my breath!

Trump is an asshole, but being an asshole doesn't preclude someone from being president. Until he actually comes out and says that he hates brown people and fires every woman from his companies I'm not going to believe that he's a racist or a misogynist. I'll vote for him because Hillary Clinton is unfit to hold office and is far too beholden to big business and foreign interests, but he wasn't my first choice. Or my second, or my third.

Let's remember that President Obama has ordered thousands of Muslims to be killed and that he's attacked and occupied several sovereign nations. Hillary has had her fingers in that pie, too. As of this moment, Trump hasn't killed anybody. He's just run his big mouth.

Quote: DaButt @ 27th May 2016, 6:32 PM BST

Trump is an asshole, but being an asshole doesn't preclude someone from being president. Until he actually comes out and says that he hates brown people and fires every woman from his companies I'm not going to believe that he's a racist or a misogynist.

Well, I really don't think that's the way to measure whether someone is racist or misogynist.

But I'm glad you do think he's an asshole.

Quote: zooo @ 27th May 2016, 6:35 PM BST

But I'm glad you do think he's an asshole.

I also think Obama and Hillary Clinton are assholes. Cool

Hehe. Fair enough!

What about little Bernie?

Quote: zooo @ 27th May 2016, 6:39 PM BST

What about little Bernie?

He's not a big self-promoter like Obama, Hillary and Trump, and he hasn't made himself rich by virtue of his celebrity, so I won't call him an asshole. He's just a doddering old man who probably means well, but his ideas are vague and unworkable. He'd make a terrible president, but it's been fun watching him make Hillary squirm for the last few months.

He also seems to have the best policy on guns, but it's hard to tell if he really means it.a

I can't really imagine him with a gun.

Quote: zooo @ 27th May 2016, 6:47 PM BST

I can't really imagine him with a gun.

He represents a state with a large number of hunters. I still don't like his gun policies, but I was happy to see him stand against a proposal that would have allowed gun manufacturers to be held accountable for crimes committed with their products.

That does sound a tad mental.

Trump is almost 70 which would make him the oldest president since Reagan who latterly wasn't fit for office given afflictions associated with age (whether he ever was is a different argument).

Though I am far from ageist (my own Father was still as bright as a button at 85), as it comes to us all ('if we're spared' as my granny used to say - and she was spared to 97!) there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

I just can't think of any employer who would take on a 70 year old for any job in which he has no previous experience (and Reagan still a mystery to me).

Election by democracy may be a different method of selection, but 3 score years and ten is still considered a pretty healthy lifespan, with anything beyond that a bonus, and as we DO naturally slow down generally after 70 - is there really no alternative for such an enormously demanding role which could ultimately influence and impact the fate of the planet?

Wow, Hillary, Bernie and Trump are all about the same age. She looks a lot better.

Quote: zooo @ 27th May 2016, 7:23 PM BST

Wow, Hillary, Bernie and Trump are all about the same age. She looks a lot better.

Clinton is a year younger. Sanders is 5 years older than Trump. I told you guys we should've chosen Ted Cruz (45 years old.)

Hillary has clearly had some work done on her face. Botox at the very least.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 27th May 2016, 7:03 PM BST

Trump is almost 70 which would make him the oldest president since Reagan

It would make him the oldest president of all time, not just since Reagan. Hillary would be the second-oldest.