Sex Box

What the @2&?*. . .

Again? Really?

Why so much bad TV now?

'Celebrity Driving Academy', 'The Jump' and 'Can't Touch This' to name another 3.

'Splash' was bad enough and that belly flopped.

What next? Arm Wrestling with Chas and Dave, Inner-City Sumo, Monkey Tennis?

What I'd LIKE to watch is the brainstorming meetings they have at TV HQ to see what they actually rejected in favour of this rubbish. Eh?

It's pretty terrible isn't it? I cannot decipher what's worse - the annoying Belgian 'Sexologist' or the wooden Steve Jones reading lame jokes directly from the autocue?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 2nd May 2016, 5:29 PM BST

...the annoying Belgian 'Sexologist' or the wooden Steve Jones...

Does 'wooden' in this context mean he has an erection? :D

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 2nd May 2016, 5:50 PM BST

Does 'wooden' in this context mean he has an erection? :D

Unfortunately not. Saying that, his manhood could be made of wood. Maybe squirrels give him the rise?

There are certain shows I designate for when I might be having trouble sleeping (Made in Chelsea, TOWIE etc), but there are certain others that have the opposite effect in that I cannot even cope with them for longer than about 30 seconds in (Jerry Springer, Jeremy Kyle etc) and this is just another.

I am not a stuffy brit who can't handle people talking about sex (back in the day when we had Antoine de Caunes with Eurotrash I just found it a bit tabloid but didn't mind the smut at all), I just find this so desperate, kinda sad and just not interested in these people. It really is like they have dug out discarded ideas from the bin marked "to burn" and it's now a bottomless pit - they've set the bar so low that we can expect to be surprised by nothing in the future.

What really beggars belief though is the people who want to go on the show. Seems to be an age of extreme exhibitionism which also includes dropping one's drawers to reveal wonky bollocks and pustulous boils on Embarrassing Bodies (I really doubt that anyone doing online dating on first date has uttered the words "haven't I seen you on TV? I know, wasn't it Embarrassing Bodies?" as they'd be out the door like shit off a shovel before even saying 'hi') as I can't imagine any amount of money that would get me to do it.

It's not informative. It's not entertaining. It's not even amusing. It's just nasty - so what's the point of it? Steve Jones needs to pay the mortgage like everyone else, but I can't imagine him turning any gig down after this.

It has joined my list of progs to avoid as doesn't even qualify for cringe value - and maybe I am alone here but I am about as interested in what these people's intimate preferences are as I am in the contents of a stranger's fridge.

Now hold on . . . idea for a show . . . Munchbox - stage with fridge - enter couple with midnight munching habit who then go on to talk about their salacious appetite for curry and Nutella sandwiches. Who wouldn't want to watch, or appear on THAT? :O

Sex Box? They called it a vagina in my day!

Thank you Fopdoodle, I agree with every word of that post.

Quote: Maurice Mynah @ 4th May 2016, 8:50 AM BST

Thank you Fopdoodle, I agree with every word of that post.

Where's the humble face emoji? (or emoticon as they used to be called when I was on dial-up powered by goats).

Does that mean you'd give Munch Box a whirl?

I really want to know what's in people's fridges now.
Hurrah - I DO have a voyeur in me . . . I knew it was lurking somewhere! :$

Quote: fopdoodle @ 4th May 2016, 7:13 AM BST

There are certain shows I designate for when I might be having trouble sleeping (Made in Chelsea, TOWIE etc), but there are certain others that have the opposite effect in that I cannot even cope with them for longer than about 30 seconds in (Jerry Springer, Jeremy Kyle etc) and this is just another.

I am not a stuffy brit who can't handle people talking about sex (back in the day when we had Antoine de Caunes with Eurotrash I just found it a bit tabloid but didn't mind the smut at all), I just find this so desperate, kinda sad and just not interested in these people. It really is like they have dug out discarded ideas from the bin marked "to burn" and it's now a bottomless pit - they've set the bar so low that we can expect to be surprised by nothing in the future.

What really beggars belief though is the people who want to go on the show. Seems to be an age of extreme exhibitionism which also includes dropping one's drawers to reveal wonky bollocks and pustulous boils on Embarrassing Bodies (I really doubt that anyone doing online dating on first date has uttered the words "haven't I seen you on TV? I know, wasn't it Embarrassing Bodies?" as they'd be out the door like shit off a shovel before even saying 'hi') as I can't imagine any amount of money that would get me to do it.

It's not informative. It's not entertaining. It's not even amusing. It's just nasty - so what's the point of it? Steve Jones needs to pay the mortgage like everyone else, but I can't imagine him turning any gig down after this.

It has joined my list of progs to avoid as doesn't even qualify for cringe value - and maybe I am alone here but I am about as interested in what these people's intimate preferences are as I am in the contents of a stranger's fridge.

Now hold on . . . idea for a show . . . Munchbox - stage with fridge - enter couple with midnight munching habit who then go on to talk about their salacious appetite for curry and Nutella sandwiches. Who wouldn't want to watch, or appear on THAT? :O

Spot on. I cannot, for the life of me, understand the need for certain people to appear on TV. Probably the most telling episode was the bloke whose fantasy was sex with a stranger, but when the woman appeared on set, it was clear that he wasn't particularly interested.

I used to enjoy Eurotrash too because it was genuinely funny.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 4th May 2016, 9:04 AM BST

Where's the humble face emoji? (or emoticon as they used to be called when I was on dial-up powered by goats).

Does that mean you'd give Munch Box a whirl?

I really want to know what's in people's fridges now.
Hurrah - I DO have a voyeur in me . . . I knew it was lurking somewhere! :$

Isn't that the plot of 'Nine And A Half Weeks?'

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 6th May 2016, 8:46 PM BST

Isn't that the plot of 'Nine And A Half Weeks?'

Indeed - great scene and great film.
<3