Tracey Ullman's Show

Struggling with this now as it seems she started to run out of ideas as it progressed - AND the two Americans on holiday in the UK is a clear rip-off of Harry Enfield's spoof that was a much funnier observation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEEx3oUuiII&list=RDsEEx3oUuiII#t=100

I'm still loving it. It's like watching someone very talented loose in a costume shop.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th January 2016, 11:50 AM GMT

Struggling with this now as it seems she started to run out of ideas as it progressed - AND the two Americans on holiday in the UK is a clear rip-off of Harry Enfield's spoof that was a much funnier observation.

Totally agree with you Herc. But I'm still impressed by her impersonations, and the sketch about the masseuse trying to avoid mayhem.

Well done for having Gwen Taylor and Derek Griffiths in it. All it needs now is Graeme Garden and a Beverley Sister...

Giving up on this now as it has become too self indulgent and not funny.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th February 2016, 9:00 PM GMT

Giving up on this now as it has become too self indulgent and not funny.

Yes- I didn't miss it on Monday - I mean I did miss it.

Oh dear. It was bewildering tonight and had to turn off which made me kinda sad because she is still fantastic - I just don't know what she's doing. It's so bad you almost think she's doing it with a gun to her head. Apart from Judi Dench (simple idea but done very well and I bet Judi herself will be lapping it up - the make-up and costume people alone have captured her perfectly!) I just don't get the rest.

The party planner - okay, she's posh and the kid's a tornado, but is that the joke? If that's it, why drag it out? Still waiting for the punchline, or I would be if I didn't have to turn over. :(

Well the party planner is meant to be Carole Middleton, the nan of Prince George. That is the joke.

Quote: Richard Wells @ 8th February 2016, 11:34 PM GMT

Well the party planner is meant to be Carole Middleton, the nan of Prince George. That is the joke.

I had a hunch, but regardless - still not funny.

The running jokes are stretched too far. It only occurred to me this week that it was supposed to be Prince George.

Acting and prosthetics deserve a special award. The boobs look so real but it's just not funny anymore. Also (durgh!) it's only just occurred to me that she is playing that strange bloke. It just went right over my head!

Oops! 1.48 million viewers have switched off between episodes 1 and 4.

Laughing out loud